Zozo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Bose Sound link disconnects from MacBook Air

I have Bose sound link 2 headphones that seem to be disconnecting from my MacBook Air, I have restarted and done a system update but still have the problem, Any ideas on what to do next would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Sound link disconnects from MacBook Air

Hi Zozo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues connecting your SoundLink headphones to your MacBook Air. I'll do all I can for you! 

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the headphones and your MacBook. You can do this by moving the switch over to 'Bluetooth' for 10 seconds. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Zozo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Hi Jessie O

I have tried that and within 2 mins it had disconnected again. Any further ideas? 

Thanks

Zozo

Highlighted

Hi Zozo,

Thank you for trying that and letting us know.

Do the headphones also disconnect from other Bluetooth devices like this? Or does it just happen with the MacBook Air?

If it is only with the MacBook, what IOS version is your MacBook running? There have been reports of Bluetooth connection issues after updating to Catalina on the Apple forums, so if the problem has started recently, especially after updating the MacBook, it would be worth reaching out to Apple for assistance as well.

There are a few steps they suggest trying on the Apple forums that can be found HERE.

If this is happening with all Bluetooth sources, then I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Zozo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Hi Keith L

Yes it is just my MacBook Air and it has been since I updated to the Catalina so I will try Apple's tips, if the don't work I will give them a ring or I will pop into their store.

Thanks

Zozo