Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Bose SoundLink AE2 bluetooth going into sleep mode, how to prevent it from happening ?

I use my Bose SoundLink AE2 at work throughout the day as an audio communicating device via bluetooth, using a softphone with Microsoft Teams. This is the repetitive issue I am encountering: a few minutes after each call has ended, the headphone bluetooth goes into sleep mode, then when someone calls I would need to wake the headphone up by sliding the power button upward then release, but the headphone bluetooth feature takes about 4 to 7 seconds to connect again to the laptop, that is to say that I would miss the first 4-7 seconds of my customer message, and this is very annoying.
How do I prevent my headphone from going into sleep mode ?
I want to keep my headphone "awake" all the time during the day and ready to receive calls "instantaneously".
Thank you for any feedback.
2020/09/06.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundLink AE2 bluetooth going into sleep mode, how to prevent it from happening ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by pc9toronto

Hi pc9toronto,

Once you have changed this setting it will apply to any time you use the headphones, including with your PC. So once you set it to never, they will only turn off when you physically switch the headphones off with the power switch. There isn't a way to change this setting from your computer, you would need to do this through the Bose Connect app on an Android or iOS device, but it will apply when using your PC.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundLink AE2 bluetooth going into sleep mode, how to prevent it from happening ?

Hello pc9toronto, 

Thanks for reaching out.

You can use the Bose Connect app to select an amount of time before your product automatically turns off:

By default, your product turns off after 18 minutes of inactivity. You can change this using the Bose Connect app:

• Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth® products
  • Tap the Settings gear icon to open the product settings menu. (Tip: If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it, then tap Settings)
  • Tap Standby Timer
  • Choose the desired time it will take before your headset turns itself off. The default setting is Never.

I hope this helps! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

2020/09/12

@Jeff_G 

I forgot to mention that I use my Soundlink AE2 in Windows 10 x64 computer, not on Android. Is there any way on Windows 10 to prevent the headphone from going into sleep mode ? Thanks.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by pc9toronto

Hi pc9toronto,

Once you have changed this setting it will apply to any time you use the headphones, including with your PC. So once you set it to never, they will only turn off when you physically switch the headphones off with the power switch. There isn't a way to change this setting from your computer, you would need to do this through the Bose Connect app on an Android or iOS device, but it will apply when using your PC.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion!

View solution in original post