Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Bose SoundLink II microphone not working (badly muffled) when using Bluetooth

The microphone on my new Bose SoundLink IIs is not working properly when connected to my phone via Bluetooth. The person on the other end can hardly hear me and tells me I sound incredibly muffled. This is only happening when connected to the headphones via BT. (It works fine when connected via the AUX cable.)

If I turn the listening volume waaaay up (to uncomfortable levels), then I'm told I don't sound as muffled and can be heard better. However, at such high volume, it's almost painful for me to hear, and the person on the other end has feedback issues -- they hear themselves talking b/c the volume is so loud.

It seems that when I turn the listening volume up or down (either via the headphones themselves or via the phone), it is also affecting the microphone volume too. Which doesn't make any sense.

I've tried the instructions provided in other topics for resetting the headphones. It did not help. I've tried unpairing them and repairing them too. Nothing seems to help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundLink II microphone not working (badly muffled) when using Bluetooth

Hello Jemhadar, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that your headphones mic is not working correctly! 

We appreciate the detail of your post and the steps that you have attempted so far. Let's also ensure that the headset is running the latest software version, to do this please connect your headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable, once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions to update the headset. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the update. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Re: Bose SoundLink II microphone not working (badly muffled) when using Bluetooth

I have the exactly same problem. I’ve paired it with an iPhone SE, iPhone 8, MacBook Pro, and a Google Pixel 3a. If I do a restart, as explained by a Bose employee in some other messages, the microphone will work fine once. I’ve also updated it using the phone app, and the Bose Updater Software. I have also disconnected and paired again several times, all seems to be the same.  My Phone is fairly new, and the mic never worked. Bose, please help.