Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Bose SoundLink around ear wireless 2 microphone not working with Samsung Galaxy S10+ and windows PC

I just received the Bose SoundLink around ear wireless 2 microphone yesterday and cannot get the microphone to work.  I have tried the following:

- rebooted my phone

- rebooted my headphones

- updated my firmware for my phone.

Unfortunately the microphone still does not work for calls on my phone or on the windows 10 laptop;  I have checked multiple times.  I'm unsure the next step to take.

The forums said to post if I couldn't getting a solution, so I'm posting now.

I checked the documentation and it should (that is why I bought the headphones in the first place).  While the sound quality is good, I need the microphone to work to make it a good fit for my needs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Re: Bose SoundLink around ear wireless 2 microphone not working with Samsung Galaxy S10+ and wind...

Author Accepted Answer selected by mattfid

Thank you;  Sent for warranty service.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundLink around ear wireless 2 microphone not working with Samsung Galaxy S10+ and wind...

Hi mattfid,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to use the microphone on your new headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already. Rebooting the phone and resetting the headphones are both steps that I would recommend trying to help with this. It's also very useful to know the same thing is happening on multiple devices.

You mentioned updating your phone, have you updated the headphones as well? I would recommend doing this using our Device Updater on a computer. 

When you had the headphones connected to your laptop, you should see 2 profiles for the headphones. One audio or stereo option and one headset or hands-free, if we choose the hands-free option are we able to use the microphone?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Hi Keith,

When I mentioned that I updated my firmware, I meant on my headphones.  My headphones are now running  the latest firmware (I can no longer find the version;  However my Bose app on my andriod device says "my product is up to date").  

I do not have admin access on my windows PC, is this sufficient to update the headphones?  

Highlighted

Hi mattfid,

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

You can check the firmware version of the headphones by using the Bose Connect app and going to Settings (gear icon) > Product Info. Your headphones should be on version 3.0.3.

You may need admin access to use the device updater as it does require a program to be installed to use. It would depend on what access you have on your laptop as to whether that would need admin rights to do so.

When you have the headphones connected to the computer via Bluetooth, if you select the volume control on the computer, then choose your playback device, do you see the headphones there twice? Or just once?

It should show up twice, once as stereo headphones and once as a handsfree headset. If you select the headset option and then try using the microphone, does it work?

If not, I would recommend you clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the headphones and your phone, then reconnect them and test again. To clear the pairing list on your headphones, you want to slide the power switch to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it until you hear a notification.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Hi Keith

My firmware is 3.03

When I connected to the PC previously it was directly with the included AUX chord.

I just added this as a bluetooth device to my PC.  Both the headset and the audio device are listed.  When I go to the control panel and select sound and the Input device Headset (Bose AE2 SoundLink Hands-Free) and speak no audio is being captured according to Windows.

I can still hear everything just fine when I plug into the computer directly. But no one could hear me on my voip call until I unplugged the headphones.

On my phone, I cleared all the Bluetooth devices and only connected the Bose and my microphone still did not work.

Highlighted

Hi mattfid,

Thank you for the update.

That would make sense as to why the microphone was not working with the computer then. The microphone in these headphones can only be used when connected via Bluetooth, the AUX chord can't be used with the microphone.

When you had the headphones connected via Bluetooth, and on hands-free mode, were you able to be heard on the VOIP call at all?

If not, from the troubleshooting you have tried already, the next step would be to contact your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by mattfid

Thank you;  Sent for warranty service.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2014

Does anyone know if the SoundLink® around-ear wireless headphones II can also work as wired?  Is there an option to use them wired?  Does a wired microphone cable come with the headphones?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

You can use them wired without microphone support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Did you ever get this sorted out? I had the same problem when connected to my laptop and iPhone so troubleshooted and found that when I increased the volume on on the headphones beyond a specific threshold (seems like it was about 25%), the mic worked. Below this threshold, nothing was being picked up. Not sure if this is expected behavior, working on that now.