Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Bose Soundlink AE2 background noise whenever connected through bluetooth

I bought these headphones about 2 weeks ago. I have noticed since day 2 that there is a faint/ soft static noise interference when connected to Bluetooth. It is very audible at mid-low volume. When I pause the song it remains for about 15 secs and then disappears. It does not happen when I connect these headphones with AUX but what is the point of Bluetooth if I have to use aux all the time. 

I am pretty disappointed with these headphones from a brand like Bose (and cost like $200) and even more so disappointed in their Whatsapp customer care when I got a reply for a day and then ignored. 

Please let me know if this is a common issue with bose headphones and or if I am missing some firmware updates. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundlink AE2 background noise whenever connected through bluetooth

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some static whilst using Bluetooth. 

This does some as though you are experiencing some Bluetooth interference. Does this occur with every product you connect to your headphones?

Does this also occur in a multitude of environments whilst using your headphones?

Do let us know, we would love to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Yes, this occurs when connected with any device ( I have tried it with 2 of my laptops and 2 phones). And it occurs in every environment. 

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear this. 

I would suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

If this provides no improvements, please reach out to your local Bose product support team.  You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!