Clarkey1011
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

Re: Bose Soundlink II Wireless rubber peeling around headphones

Bose Customer support are hopeless. All they will tell you is they don’t repair these types of problems and try and sell you a new set of headphones even though your existing ones are fine (aside from the Poor quality rubber)

I have resorted to taping the rubber down with electrical tape
Samthefarrier
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

Same here. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I’ve been a customer for years. I usually buy a pair of their headphones about every two years and all of our speaker systems around the house and in the offices are from them too.

It seems like this problem is not an isolated one and they are flat out refusing to admit they screwed up.

Mine started peeling around the earcups literally a week after the warranty ran out so I’ve been informed it’s simply no bueno for me either unfortunately.

If one were a sceptic one might suspect some sort of planned obsolescence...

Anyhow it would appear they’re not really bothered about customer service any more so I’ve decided I’m not really bothered about being a customer any more.

It’s a shame as I was about to start updating all of the systems around the house and offices too. Would have been at least £15-20k of sales in their pocket.

But they’re not interested so as of this week I’ll be taking my business elsewhere.

Thanks Bose. Congratulations. You played yourselves.
oasisman
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

I have the same problem. Rubber started to peel off just few months after warranty period. It's quite bad now. Contacted Bose UK and their solution was for me to buy a new pair. Really helpful advice.
I expected more from a company like Bose. This is clearly a common fault and should be addressed even after warranty period. Every company will have a faulty product or batch of products at some point. It's just the way they handle the issues. Bose clearly cannot handle it appropriately. My solution to this issue is to go with other company when buying headphones next time.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi oasisman,

Thanks for posting. I understand its frustrating when a product stops working properly. We try and offer service options even after the warranty period that usually involves a discount off a new set of headphones. I would recommend continuing to work with your local support team for assistance. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

oasisman
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Thanks for a quick response. I don't see why I should buy (even with a 20% discount which Bose offers) another pair of headphones and hope that they are fine (new ones can be faulty as well, can't they?). That would mean giving more money to a company which sold me a bad product in the first place. Sorry this doesn't make sense.
AbhishekD
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

I have the same issue. Both the ear cups have the blue rubber banding that peels off and doesn't fit back on. Here are some pictures. I am very disappointed.

IMG_1804.JPG

Mike.essery53@mail.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Am new to this forum and have started having exactly the same problem. Spoke to Bose customer support who, again, offered to sell me another pair at a discount!

However, I note from an earlier post that Bose resolved the problem to this persons satisfaction. What did they do then that they don’t want to seem to do now?

i have just dissuaded my son from buying Bose - so he is probably going to go with Sony.

eu_puyu
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

Hey guys,

I was having the same problem and i contacted Bose in Germany and i also received a discount for a new pair...and it didn`t convinced me to buy a new pair...but it's just rubber and it doesn`t affect the sound quality...so if it starts peeling, i just took all the rubber off the headphones. For some of you guys, maybe this can be a solution. I have the headphones since autumn 2015. The only problem is the battery, i charge the headphones, it says 100%, turn off and turn on again...it says 60%20190223_012458.jpg

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi eu_puyu,

Thanks for posting. I am glad that you were able to figure out a suitable solution to your headset problem. As far as the battery goes, I have a question. If you let the battery completely die, and recharge to 100 percent does the issue still happen?

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G

eu_puyu
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

For the moment i`m monitoring the problem to see exactly how the battery works. Do you know if there is any good solution for replacing the headband? I know that bose does not provide replaceable headbands20190224_145226.jpg20190224_145232.jpg