Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: SoundLink AE 2 Microphone Issues

Hi Jonny,

Did this issue fixed for you? I have brand new headset and experiencing  the same issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

R@vi, 

Yes, in my case after taking the phone call, i kept pressing the volume up button on the headphones all the way up with no avail. The solution for me was that the volume on the phone "while on the call" was down. i had to turn it up and then it worked fine. 

to be clear. while not on a phone call, (playing a game, or listing top music, my volume was already up) once I made a call using the bluetooth, the volume of the phone was down and that was my problem. While on the call, turn up the volume on the phone. 

Highlighted

Hello R@vi, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that your first post here is of a negative issue and I hope that we can get it resolved for you. I would urge you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread to resolve the issue and if this does not work I would recommend contacting your local support team. Details on how to do this can be found in @Zoe_C's post. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Hi Lance,

I tried this approach but no luck. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Bose Soundlink II around ear wireless: Microphone not working

Hi all!

I got my pair of Soundlink around-ear II headphones in March 2019, and I have the exact same microphone issue as reported here in this thread.

I purchased the headphones through amazon.de, their date of manufacture is 31 Dec 2018. I am using them with the following devices:

Sony Xperia Xcompact (Android 8.0.0, BT 4.2): I tried using the headphones for plain phone calls. The person on the other end of the line can hear me, but only very faintly, even though the volume level on their phone is set to max. So they are not really an option for phone calls.

MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.14.5, BT 4.2): I tried using the headphones for Zoom meetings. The input level of the headphones (as indicated in the Zoom audio settings) is near zero, the other participants of the meeting don't hear a word when I speak. When I switch to the Mac's internal microphone, the input level is just perfect.

Windows PC (Windows 10, BT 4.2): The same issue as with Zoom on MacBook Pro. When testing the Bose microphone's input level in Windows' sound settings I can see little to no input signal. When I switch to my web cam's microphone, the input level is excellent.

I have tried all the troubleshooting measures mentioned in this thread - FW update (currently running 2.5.3), reboot/reset sequence - but the issue still persists.

As a next step I will probably contact Bose support to have them replaced. Not expecting too much from that, though, after having read other users' experiences in this thread.

Quite a disappointment, I must say. The integrated mic was one of the main reasons I got these headphones in the first place.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

I have the same issue, bought these headphones today from a John Lewis in the UK and having read this entire thread will simply be taking them back for a refund, not even going to bother contacting someone. This was my first Bose product and it is quite simply a disappointment both because of this mic issue but more because of Bose's attitude - not wanting to acknowledge what is evidently a product issue and refusing to issue an update that helps fix it, mine was manufactured 26 April 2019 still v 2.5.3 as last year's models. I will never buy Bose again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

I am having the exact same issue, tried everything. After reading 7 pages of people having the exact same issue I can't believe Bose is still selling these faulty headphones to their customers, being a top name brand in the industry I would expect more. Now I have to go through the trouble of returning and trying a new set, which by what I have read will probably have the same problem.

Not fair to put this burden on the consumer,  these headphones should be pulled from the shelves or if it's a bad batch then recall the bad batch. Not impressed this is obviously a known issue, now I have to go through a week or more without any headphones, while I wait for the new ones to arrive. Because this is a known issue they should just send a new pair first so that I have the proper packaging to send the old one back to make it a little easier.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

I believe the headphones are in perfect working order. I also am under the impression that instead of backtracking their technology and making the Bluetooth a lower version, technology is moving forward, therefore being ahead of the game is more beneficial and most likely more profitable in the long run. I've had my pair of headphones for a couple months at least now, and after upgrading my phone, I now have the full capability of the headphones and completely love them. 

They're durable, they're the only headphones that are comfortable enough to wear from 100% to 0% battery life, and I've never had the quality of sound produced from these in any other pair of earbuds or over ear headphones I've ever owned.

Saying to never go to a specific brand or product again because of outdated technology on the user's part is not a valid reason. It's like purchasing a brand new computer program without looking at the minimum requrements, finding out you don't meet those requirements and blaming the programmers for not meeting the requirements of a 1st gen iMac...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Hi @r1zd1z,
You argued that the responsibility of adopting new technologies is with the customers, which is another point to be discussed on its own (although I have to say that I disagree with this). However, the problem is that I did not hear anyone from Bose claim that the headphones would work with BT5 and higher. This is a conjecture that I've only seen you make in this thread, and although it makes sense, it has never been confirmed neither in these boards, nor in my direct contact to the technical support teams. Instead, the technical support wrote to me that "the wireless headset is compatible with any mobile device that supports Bluetooth version 2.1 or later". This sentence implies backwards compatibility down to BT2.1. 

Personally, my issue with Bose is that they didn't even acknowledge that there is a problem. The technical support tried to fix things simply by sending new headphones and after the third try, I gave up. Despite all the activity in this thread, and even though I've sent them the link to the discussion here, they simply ignored these complaints and claimed they did not hear of such a problem before. So either 1) the company is misrepresenting their product, and refuse to change the compatibility statement despite the complaints; or 2) there is no communication within the company that could elevate this issue to the attention of competent engineers. Neither of these cases give trust to a customer, so this is indeed something that will be difficult to change for me the next time I'm buying a similar product.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2019

Well I paired the headphone with both my iPhone 5 and iPhone Xr and I am still having the exact same mic problem on both devices. iPhone 5 comes with the older bluetooth 4.0 while iPhone Xr which came out less than a year ago comes with the latest bluetooth 5.0 technology. So i doubt it has anything to do with bluetooth version as it does not work with even the latest bluetooth version, unless someone is trying to argue that even the latest bluetooth version is not good enough for this pair of headphones

btw @r1zd1z your post above sounded a bit like victim blaming