Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: Bose Soundlink II around ear wireless: Microphone not working

Just want to add my experience in hopes that Bose will get this fixed. Got the Bose Soundlink AE II headphones. Mic doesn't work below 70% volume. My phone is the Galaxy Note 9 so not a bluetooth issue. All firmware etc... has been updated and headphones reset. Going to try the exchange option but not hopeful.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

am Re: Bose Soundlink II around ear wireless: Microphone not working

I am having the exact same issue with my headphones. The mic worked for one call on my original pair and then never worked again. Had to send back for a replacement. Got my new paid yesterday. Guess what??? SAME ISSUE. The only reason I my husband gifted me these headphones was to make and receive calls. Apparently this is an issue running for over a year that hasn't been resolved. What a black eye for Bose. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: am Re: Bose Soundlink II around ear wireless: Microphone not working

So I found something that worked for me. Update firmware to latest firmware with Bose connect app. Then forget the headphones on all your devices. Then clear the headphones bluetooth list. Then reboot the headphones (I did both methods, the one where you turn it off and plug it in for 5 seconds then unplug or whatever and the other one). After all this I re-paired with my samsung note 9 and the microphone works.

Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Bose Soundlink II around ear wireless: Microphone not working

I use my Soundlink II headphones with MacBook Air 2018 and Pixel 3a which both have modern Bluetooth profiles. To get clear sound for other side on the call, the volume level on Soundlink earphones has to be at least 50%. Resetting them using steps described in the beginning of this thread does nothing. Date of manufacturing: July 11, 2019. Firmware 3.0.3. 

If microphone sensitivity and noise cancellation aggressiveness are controlled by software,  Bose can try to solve the issue by introducing mic level control option in the mobile app.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

The same issue for my new Soundlink II headphones. 

The microphone did not work before firmware update

and does not work after update up to version 3.0.3.

The reset has not helped.

The difference is only that with the new firmware

I can hear clearly the noise around me during a call,

like the microphone transmits ambient noise to me.

So, I can hear well what is going on outside, 

but nobody can hear what I am saying.

I do not want to change the headphones because the sound is perfect, 

I just want Bose to pay attention and fix the issue raised. 

I am sure that the problem is in firmware.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Hello, 

I have had my headphones since September and they were working fine. I like to use them for talking on the phone and one day the microphone just stopped working. When ever I call someone/someone calls me they can't hear me at all. 

Highlighted

Hi everyone, Thanks a lot for keeping this thread active to make us aware of the issues you are experiencing. 

If you have tried all the troubleshooting outlined in this thread, please reach out to your local technical support team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We'll be happy to continue to assist you. 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

One of the most helpful things i found in this thread was "The battery level must be over 50%" That seems to be the key, at least with my headset. If the mic isn't going to be active below 50% perhaps re calibrating the battery life to cut battery life in half, an audible warning, or the abiltiy to configure between the two options in the app would be warranted