Dahmke
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

Bose USB Link Module

Hello,

I am got the NC 700 headphones and head some issues with the bluetooth from my laptop, I bought the USB Link Module to fully use the my headphones for MS Teams.

I turned bluetooth on my laptop off and am connected to my laptop via the USB Link Module and I am connected to MS Teams.

My issue is: that the USB Link Module should have a solid purple light, the light is solid blue.

My second issue is, when I turn the conversation mode on, my computer stops playing music, the noise canceling is turned off and all sound is mute. However the noise canceling is turned on and my computer sound is turned on again after a few seconds.

EDIT:

If I push the button of the module for 3 seconds to initiate a new paring, the connection is lost. While the pairing is restarted the module flashes purple for a few seconds and then the module is solid blue.

My USB Link Module and my headphones are uptodate.

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Vicky_W

Re: Bose USB Link Module

Hello Dahmke, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help clarify this for you, I just need to confirm a few things first. 

1. When you say the light is blue and not purple, is MS teams open and running on your machine? Does the color change when you are in a call?
  2. Conversation mode is a convenient method that simultaneously pauses your audio and gives you full awareness. This allows you to have a quick conversation with someone or immediately be aware of your surroundings. Is the issue that you are having that conversation mode turns it's self off without you manually changing it after a few seconds?

I look forward to your reply.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
fahmi1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

I am also having the led issue.

My purple led is not on when i am logged into teams. It stays solid blue

20210227_110522.jpg

Dahmke
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

1. The issue with color is randomly. I think it has something todo when start my computer. The usb module led is blue, afterwards teams starts on my computer and the led is still blue, when I am in a call the led turns purple.

However, when I start my computer without the usb module and teams is running, I connect the usb module it turns purple.

2. Yes, the issue is that you are having that conversation mode turns it's self off without you manually changing it after a few seconds?

Vicky_W

@Dahmke, thanks for getting back to me. Can I please ask, when conversation mode does disable itself and music starts again, is the LED purple, or blue during that time? It would also be great to know what computer and operating system yu are using. There are a few things I would like to try: 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Ensure MS Teams is up to date. 
  3. Wipe over the headphones with a dry cloth to ensure there is no dust or debris that could activate the buttons. 
  4. Ensure when using the headphones nothing is rubbing up against them.
  5. Perform a product reset, to do this:
  • Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds. 

Let me know how this goes.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Dahmke
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

Hello,

The LED is purple at all times now!

I am using a Lenovo T490 with windows 10 Build 19041.
MS Teams is up to date.

I performed a product reset, but it did not help. There is no dust nor debrist that cold activate the buttons.

I am did some testing the other day, here my findings:

When my computer is not playing any sounds the conversation mode does work as expected.

When my computer is playing sound, spotify / youtube, the conversation mode is interrupted as descriped. This happens even if I pause the music before turning conversation mode on.

If I close spotify / youtube before turning conversation mode on, the conversation mode does work as expected.

Vicky_W

@Dahmke, thanks for getting back to me. Have you tested the USB link on a different computer at all? If not, please can you and let me know what happens? Can you also check the audio input/output settings are correctly assigned to the USB Link, and provide screenshots where possible as this would really help!

Dahmke
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

I used the USB module on another Win 10 computer with Build 18363. With that build I could not use the conversation mode at all. A screenshot from my settings can be found below, please note my computer is using win10 with german language

Dahmke_0-1615186327506.png

Keith_L

Thanks for trying that and letting us know. It's strange that conversation mode isn't working at all on this other computer.

I know you have already made sure the firmware on the headphones is fully up to date, but it would also be a great idea to check that the USB module is also fully up to date. The update program for the USB module can be found HERE.

Once the USB module has been updated, try using conversation mode again and let me know how it goes.