Dtours
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Bose Update does not recognise my AE2 Headphones

I have a new Windows 10 laptop. When I launch Bose Update, it says to plug in headphones via USB but nothing happens. When I then chose my specific headphones (AE2) from the product list, it says to plug-in my headphones via USB by my headphones are already plugged in. So I removed my headphones and reconnected but still nothing happens. Any assistance would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Update does not recognise my AE2 Headphones

Hi Dtours, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Have you tried using an alternate USB cable?

I would also suggest trying via a different internet browser. 

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Dtours
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

I already tried 3 different USB cables with Firefox which of course did not work. I just tried another different USB cable today with Microsoft Edge with the same results. The Bluetooth shows that it is recharging but the webpage will not change to the update page.

Dtours
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Is anyone going to address this issue?

Tegan_M

I am sorry to hear this issue persists. 

The original AE2 Headphones do not require a software update so I would like to ensure we are referring to the same product. Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

If you use the Bose Connect app, can you please confirm the current software version of your headphones. This can be found in the product settings.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Dtours
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

My model is SoundLink® around-ear Bluetooth® headphones

Would these not require a software update by now?

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this. 

The last software to be released was August 2019 with version 3.0.3.

Can you go into your Bose Connect app on your mobile device and visit your product settings to see if this is needed?