Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Bose ar for android

Hi I just got the Bose quite comfort ii and one of my friends told me the are experience was amazing. Unfortunately they have an iPhone and I have an Android. I just tried looking all over and couldnt find the Bose radar app. Where can I find it?!? I really want to try the AR. I tried looking online and it seems the iPhone app has been out for almost a year so where is the Android app?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose ar for android

Hello Sara123456, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. 

We are glad to hear of your excitement towards the Bose AR features in your headphones. At this time this is only available for iPhone users. We are working on this to become available for our Android customers, however we do not hold any information in regards to an estimate time for when this will be available. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Hi, why is it taking almost a year for it to come to Android? 

Highlighted

Hi Sara123456, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

This will be because there are far more Android devices in comparison to iPhone. Therefore the technology varies between each individual Android device which needs to be considered when making AR for Android devices. This process takes longer as we want to ensure that our users can get the most out of the AR features no matter their device. 

We do thoroughly appreciate your patience. When further information is available, we will be sure to inform our customers. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

Re: Bose ar for android to poor woman

I'm sorry but you are lying. Android is backward compatible and if that feature isn't supported it just won't work. So if this is this true for Apple devices your telling me I can use the AR on gen one iPod touch? It still has the app store. But I'm sure you know this is most likely not the case. You make no effort to tell the potential buyer that all the features my not be available on android. This is very unprofessional and as a result this poor woman now suffers. As I'm sure she wouldn't have made that purchase.