Re: Bose are lying - QC35 II ANC is not the same as previous firmwares.

Hi Drafto, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this.

I understand that your patience is wearing thin and can only apologize for this. I have passed this on to the team and will update you as soon as we know more.  

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

osmanyousuf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

I'm facing the same. No difference between Low and High mode.

I don't understand if this is a coincidence that they recently launched new model Bose Noise Cancelling 700 and the firmware update corrupts most important feature that we buy Bose for.

I hope Bose provides an update to fix this.

camerony
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

@Hector_B Thank you for the update,  I think most of us appreciate more communcation and updates.  Also the confirmation that devs are working on it and potential ETA for a fix.  I would recommend removing/updating the sticky post for the firmware update 4.5.2. 

oscarrdz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I thought this was an issue on the 35's gen1 only. They told me the same, that they didn't do anything to the ANC, which of course isn't right. Several users are complaining about it on the 35's gen1 post.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Drafto 

>Thank you for replying - but I think all our patience is wearing very thin - it's been a week now with no real updates.

Thanks for my afternoon 'giggle' 🙂

1. Bose has not in the 9 months I have been actively here ever replied to anything.  You sometimes get the response in the release notes for firmware updates but as you may have just read, they just informed us in a post in the last day that the latest firmware made improvements to the connection issues with Windows and that never showed up in the release notes.

2. As I mentioned elsewhere here (and have posted a list of all the firmware updates with dates), it is highly unlikely we will see another firmware update for at least 3 to 6 months.

3. Not all the QC35ii have the issue - I do NOT for example.  So Bose will probably go through a long testing effort (assuming they do at all), to determine the commonallities - ie., which AE and AZ models have the issue and what they have in common.  If experience teaches us anything - last Fall they begin looking for commonalities in the QC35i turning on issue.  And here we are about 9 months later with no word and still don't know if they are done looking or not.

4. The official line is no changes to the ANC for the last two firmware updates.  We don't agree.  Point is, that could be an obstacle for Bose to assign resources to work the problem.  Let's hope that that response is just for the public and that they are still looking into it.  However, again, we will likely not get any indication for months SHOULD it be fixed in a firmware update.

iuni
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Actully the supporters always say the same thing: they are not in charge. You may need discuss with this guy:[ Edited by moderator] 

Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

@joelirwin wrote:

@Drafto 

>Thank you for replying - but I think all our patience is wearing very thin - it's been a week now with no real updates.

Thanks for my afternoon 'giggle' 🙂

I think you'll find it's Bose 'avin the giggle mate. People without the ANC issue don't need to express how their kit is working fine on here, go on fb/reddit/twitter and praise them all you want.

This is a customer support forum for people with these issues, we don't need you to come and difuse the situation, prolonging Bose to a quick fix just cause you can't hear a difference in the ANC. Perhaps you don't have the latest firmware, most have noticed discripancies between what firmware the app shows and the desktop updater. 

Look, there is clear proof the new update has decreased the ANC, Rtings have updated their review, countless of posts on social about ANC not working. You expect us, who've paid £280 for a product, to wait 3+ months for a fix? We have consumer rights, persist until it's fair. This is my first time buying Bose, and it will definitely be the last.

Highlighted
iuni
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

@Drafto 

Bose's attitude break customer's heart. i find other customers also complain the previous firmwares is better and would like to downgrade

Such as:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/qc35-ii-how-to-downgrade-firmware-to-2-0-1/td...

But Bose just use "We have confirmed with development that the ANC was not altered during these updates" and 

"We decided to close the main “ANC thread” for two reasons.  The first being that we have confirmed with our engineers that no changes were made to the ANC functionality in the most recent update, we did look into this extensively for you.   

The second reason is that due to the atmosphere of the support community, discussion on this topic tends to lead to debates that cannot have a resolution.  The topic of measuring noise cancellation is unfortunately vastly subjective and these conversations are difficult to substantiate.  We want to protect the community from this divisiveness and potentially creating unnecessary concern for users who were not concerned about their QC35’s initially. Our goal is to avoid any type of an atmosphere of distrust that will negatively impact your experience with Bose since we’ve been unable to get to the bottom of your concerns despite our best efforts."

I never see any other customer support release a statement to ask customer to "shut up" like that. However, closing eyes don't solve problem. If Bose continue treat customers with such way, it's will lost customer's trust. Losing customer is easy, attracting customer is much harder.

Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

@iuni wrote:

@Drafto 

Bose's attitude break customer's heart. i find other customers also complain the previous firmwares is better and would like to downgrade

Such as:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/qc35-ii-how-to-downgrade-firmware-to-2-0-1/td...

But Bose just use "We have confirmed with development that the ANC was not altered during these updates" and 

"We decided to close the main “ANC thread” for two reasons.  The first being that we have confirmed with our engineers that no changes were made to the ANC functionality in the most recent update, we did look into this extensively for you.   

The second reason is that due to the atmosphere of the support community, discussion on this topic tends to lead to debates that cannot have a resolution.  The topic of measuring noise cancellation is unfortunately vastly subjective and these conversations are difficult to substantiate.  We want to protect the community from this divisiveness and potentially creating unnecessary concern for users who were not concerned about their QC35’s initially. Our goal is to avoid any type of an atmosphere of distrust that will negatively impact your experience with Bose since we’ve been unable to get to the bottom of your concerns despite our best efforts."

I never see any other customer support release a statement to ask customer to "shut up" like that. However, closing eyes don't solve problem. If Bose continue treat customers with such way, it's will lost customer's trust. Losing customer is easy, attracting customer is much harder.

Thanks for this detail - I think I'll go berserk if they reply with that on this thread and the main Firmware 4.5.2 thread (https://t.co/d0mILgyH87). Although Bose are linking customers with this issue to that thread for updates - so I have some hope, not a lot, but some. 

With the amount of proof we have to show that the ANC has been altered, they really can't tell +40 people on here that we're all lying. I'm currently in contact with support regarding the Consumer Rights Acts 2015 and hopefully we can get a fix sorted but looks like the only thing I can get is full refund for the product. I'll then go over to Sony - but I shall persist! We all deserve a resolution here.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@DraftoMy comments here are in no way meant to support or critisize Bose but merely to observe 'behavior' and to share my experience based on 20 years of working with technology vendors:

1. The fact that we get no confirmation from Bose does not mean they are not reading these posts and understand the issues.  I know non-moderators lurk here since once I made a post and within 20 minutes was contacted by a non-moderator Bose person about it.

2. Bose does not comment on work in progress

3. Bose engineering will not necessarily keep the moderators here in a loop and even if they did, the moderators may not be at liberty to comment on work in progress.  The best we get is that our concerns will be passed to engineering

4. The ANC issue may be important but definately not the only thing being worked on for the next firmware release

5. All changes for firmware releases are tested separately and then grouped together and tested.

6. We know that our issues with ANC are not global or even if they are, they are not perceived as an issue by a substantial number of people and even if they are, we don't know outside of this forum, what percentage of the customers call Bose with ANC issues.  Our high priority on ANC may not extend outside of this forum.  Even if Bose perceived ANC as something needing change, it may not be considered high enough priority to rush a solution to a firmware release.

7. Bose has already released two firmware changes in March and June.  If we assume, they are willing to do something about ANC (which may not be the case), and the pattern continues, we shouldn't expect another firmware update until at least Sept. or Oct. at the earliest.

8. It is not apparant to me that their solution will be to put things back the way they were.  If we were to assume they did indeed change ANC (and they continue to insist they did not), they did so for a reason.  So then, they are more likely to take the current ANC and try to 'fix it' maintaining whatever basic changes they made versus merely putting things back.  And that modification phase is likely time consuming.  We are guessing that when the AZ models came out in march with firmware 4.3.6 and we detected an "ANC" change, we have to assume Bose if they indeed changed ANC, did so for a purpose.  So putting it back to the way it was in 4.1.3 is not likely.