Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Bose headphones 700 NC unable to operate with softphone (SP350 NEC)

Bose product name

NC700

Country

GREECE

Firmware Version

(NOT SURE)

App Version

SP350 NEC SOFTPHONE

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

LAPTOP DELL WINDOWS 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I pair my 700NC headphones with my laptop (DELL) and it is working with other applications apart from the SP250 NEC softphone.

I bought the headphones for communicating during work from home and now I am unable to do so.

I found an other post with similar issue, however I didn't see any proper answer to solve the issue. Can anyone help on this. I am not sure what kind of troubleshooting to proceed since the only problem is with the operation with the softphone. I have to mention that my Jabra Bluetooth earphones are working excellent with the softphone so it isn't application problem.

Where do you run into the issue?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

when I tried to make voip calls

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I don't knw what kind of troubleshooting to do, since the NC700 is working properly with other applications and the sp350 nec softphone is working excellent with my Jabra bluetooth earphones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose headphones 700 NC unable to operate with softphone (SP350 NEC)

Author Accepted Answer selected by melefter

Thanks for clarifying that, Maria. Do you know if there are any particular settings in the softphone program allowing you to switch the audio output and microphone input to the NC700 headphones? I'm assuming the NC700 headphones are functioning correctly, as they're working with all of the other communication programs, so there must be something you can adjust with the softphone to select the NC700 to be used.

Let me know what options you find and if you have any joy getting your Bose headphones to work with your softphone!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hey there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us ad welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to use the headphones with the Softphone. 

Can you tell me some more details about how the headphones are not working? Can you tell me if you are getting audio if the mic is working, connected but audio through the laptop speakers? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hello Jessie

Thank you for your prompt reply.

While using the softphone my Bose doesn't work at all. It is as they are completely inactive, although they are paired with my laptop. I can't hear anything and the other party can't hear me as well. In the meanwhile the sound is coming from the laptops mic. With all my other apps I mean, skype, teams, youtube, my xiaomi phone, the NC 700 is working properly.

I hope I helped you.

BR

Maria

Author Accepted Answer selected by melefter

Thanks for clarifying that, Maria. Do you know if there are any particular settings in the softphone program allowing you to switch the audio output and microphone input to the NC700 headphones? I'm assuming the NC700 headphones are functioning correctly, as they're working with all of the other communication programs, so there must be something you can adjust with the softphone to select the NC700 to be used.

Let me know what options you find and if you have any joy getting your Bose headphones to work with your softphone!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hell Sam,

The current softphone applications doesn't seem to have such a setting in order to choose your mic & acoustic. I pick the proper the one I want to use from the list with the connected devices speakers/headphones on my laptop. 

Perhaps you are right and the problem is laid on the Softphone settings. I will discuss it with the technician of my company and I will come back in a few days.

Thank you 

Maria

Hey Maria,

That's no problem - do let us know what you find! Also, ask about the possibilities of using your Bose headphones just to be sure if it's actually possible for your softphone needs. I look forward to hearing back.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hello Sam,

Finally was a setting in the softphone application and now everything is ok!

Thank you very much

Maria

Glad to hear this Melefter, 

If there is anything else we can assist with please do let us know!