Highlighted
Martin77
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Bose headphones are junk

Ok, time to vent. I bought two pairs of Bose headphones last year, one QuietComfort 35, one pair of SoundSport wireless. The wireless headset lasted about 4 months of not terribly heavy use before something broke in the volume control that connects the two earpieces. I lost the left channel, but I could make it come back if I pushed the cable ends into the volume controller. I replaced them with a set of Jaybird X3's, and so far, so good.

The QuietComforts lasted from October 2017 until last week, when they started turning themselves on. Now they won't turn off unless they're plugged into a MicroUSB cable. As soon as I unplug them, they turn on. When I switch them off, they play the power off sound and then turn right back on.

I love the noise reduction and fit of the QC35's, but they are overpriced crap at this point.

Oh, Bose's support site is down, so firmware updates (if any for my phones) are unavailable.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose headphones are junk

Hi Martin77, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via Btu.bose.com. I would also recommend that you perform a product reset, this can be done via: 

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

If the issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose headphones are junk

The turning on problem is a global issue that was identified on and reported here in 2017 and continues to today.  There is NO workaround.  It is a hardware issue in the contacts of the on/off switch.  You really only have two options: (1) fix it yourself or (2) call Bose support and have them exchanged.  If you proceed with (2) you have to ignore the money request from Bose for the exchange. You may need to repeatly call back and possibly repeatedly escalate until they offer you are FREE exchange even if it is out of warranty.  Those who have persisted have achieved the free exchange.

See: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-I-is-Turning-On-By-Itself/m-p/217520#M4...