RobMarc
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Bose nc 700 on windows 10 2 different devices found

Good morning, I bought some bose nc 700 headphones and connected them to my pc windows 10 and updated them.
After a while I realize that I can't hear the audio of some applications and that if I go to the control panel < hardware and sound < audio, 2 different nc 700 headphones are detected; the first one is called Bose NC 700 Headphones Hands-Free AG Audio, and the second one is called Bose NC 700 Headphones Stereo.
(The same thing happens on my Iphone)
The question is: Is it normal that I see two devices even though I only connected one headphone?
Which one should I connect to?

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose nc 700 on windows 10 2 different devices found

Hi RobMarc,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It is normal to see these two options when connected to your computer. The "Bose NC 700 Headphones Hands-Free AG Audio" and "Bose NC 700 Headphones Stereo" options are for the two Bluetooth pairing profiles the headphones can use. The "Bose NC 700 Headphones Stereo" is the profile you will want to use when listening to audio, for the best sound quality, the "Bose NC 700 Headphones Hands-Free AG Audio" is the one that is to be used when you want to use the microphone in the headphones as well.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
PavloR
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

I am listening to the music and then there is call. PC will switch to the headset profile and then will stay on it. I have to manually change it to stereo profile to hear the music again.

THIS IS VERY INCONVINIENT!!!

Can this be changed to have only one device in Windows 10?

wlosinno
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I agree.  Bose needs to be able to switch back and forth without user intervention.