Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Bose on ear wireless bluetooth headphones stopped showing headset profile on windows 10

I have been using my Bose wireless on-ear headphones for years with no issues.  I recently noticed that when I would go to join meetings, I would change the sound profile from Headphones to Headset, but the Headset option disappeared.  I have no idea what would cause Windows to no longer show this option.  So I always have to hope that my meetings have an audio call in option for my phone.  So I have to disconnect from the computer and then pair with my phone so I can call from it.

Any idea on what would cause this problem to happen where I can't use the headset with Windows, but the Headphones mode is fine?

I have tried restarting the computer many times, and checked my headphones against the Bose software updater.  It's an 8JCX (code from the headphones for model).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Re: Bose on ear wireless bluetooth headphones stopped showing headset profile on windows 10

Author Accepted Answer selected by brjacobso

Solved with the method I found from this post:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-II-and-Windows-10-update-microphon...

I had to connect headphones to the laptop, go into device manager for bluetooth devices and uninstall anything with Bose in the name.  Restarted the computer, re-paired headphones, and now the headset profile is back in my available sound profiles in Windows.  What a cluster.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Re: Bose on ear wireless bluetooth headphones stopped showing headset profile on windows 10

Author Accepted Answer selected by brjacobso

Solved with the method I found from this post:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-II-and-Windows-10-update-microphon...

I had to connect headphones to the laptop, go into device manager for bluetooth devices and uninstall anything with Bose in the name.  Restarted the computer, re-paired headphones, and now the headset profile is back in my available sound profiles in Windows.  What a cluster.

View solution in original post