Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Bose on-ear wireless headphone - sound intermittent on iMac and Macbook Pro, fine on iphone 6

Product code: CX71

I have 2 rather new Macs (desktop + laptop) and both show the same behavior: sound is constantly stuttering / breaking up for fractions of a second; however on my iphone 6 there is no issue whatsoever.

I tried forgetting devices and pairing anew (which also takes a loooot of time by the way for the mac to 'see' the bose). Bose is charged fully. I switched off Bose microphone in the mac preferences. I tried resetting the bluetooth module on the mac....

I'm starting to think the mac's bluetooth in combination with Bose is the problem. Any insights or clues?

Note that it happens both at home and at work (so external interference isn't likely to be the cause)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose on-ear wireless headphone - sound intermittent on iMac and Macbook Pro, fine on iphone 6

Hello widorgel, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear that you are facing connection issues with your Macbook, I'd love to help. Can I please confirm if this happens when connected to your phone at all? Also, have you paired any other headphones with your Macbook and do they show the same issue at all? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.