Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Bose qc 35 2 now outputs distorted sound and can only connect to one device after the latest firmwar

Product Name: Bose QC 35 2 headphones

Issue:

The headphones had no issues until I logged into Bose Ear application and performed an update. After the update, the noise became distorted with crackling sounds. It can connect to only only one device, either to my iPhone X or my MacBook Pro but not both of them simultaneously like before. 

Working from home and attending meeting via Zoom, teams, or a phone call has become a nightmare. 

Troubleshooting tips like hard/soft reset is not helping. I tried letting the battery drain completely, then performed a full recharge. It does nothing to improve. 

I realize I should not have upgraded to the latest firmware. Most of the community members also share the same opinion. I do not want to play around anymore but purchase better quality elsewhere if Bose is not willing to check, acknowledge or solve the issue. 

Can I get my money back, please?

3 REPLIES 3
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Re: Bose qc 35 2 now outputs distorted sound and can only connect to one device after the latest fir

Hi, 

I believe the QC 35 2 are not compatible with the Bose Hear app. Try the Bose Connect app and update from it.

Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Re: Bose qc 35 2 now outputs distorted sound and can only connect to one device after the latest fir

The firmware was updated using Bose Connect. 

Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

When will the Bose support open?

I have now purchased Bose 700 for work and same issue all over again.