Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Bose qc 35 and macbook pro 2019 problems

How to fix the problems with QC 35 and macbook ?

It seems that bose has abandoned the QC 35 and does not care about customers. What a shame

I have new macbook pro and Bose QC 35 with NEWEST firmware (that is pretty old by now)

problems with osx:

1. If I don't listen any music, the bluetooth will somehow disconnect and then connect back instantly every few minutes. Sometimes this happens 3 times in a row. (down beep up beep) (i have disabled the voice prompts in bose that are wayyyy too loud! and even the beep is so loud that it's hurting my ears!)

> REALLY ANNOYNG BEEB. Can't imagine that every bt headphone would behave like this with macbook

2. Music stuttering. With my old macbook i was thinking that it was just **bleep** machine but nooo, with new one also. You can listen music 5 - 20 or sometimes even 60 minutes okay but then the music start stuttering. Like pausing 4 times in a second. If you don't press pause, it somehow can even crash and difficult to get back on to get the music to QC 35.

I have already

- Reset the bluetooth from the top menu

Used the following commands:

sudo killall coreaudiod

launchctl stop com.apple.rcd

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.rcd.plist

launchctl start com.apple.rcd

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.rcd.plist

- Removed all devices from BOSE with app

- Turned off other BT devices, only bt keyboard is with macbook

- Turned off bose and mb and disconnected bt million times

Still the music starts stuttering

PLEASE FIX or provide details how to fix!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Re: Bose qc 35 and macbook pro 2019 problems

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports

catalina 10.15.3

purchased february of 2020

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

I must also add one more fault i forgot to mention earlier

So many times when you press the middle button in QC35 to pause the music, it will only make the music volume to 10% of original and you have to pause music from clicking the app.

Then sometimes when you press the middle button, the volume jumps back up and breaks your eardrums.

This never should happen.

Who to blame for this idiocy, apple or bose ?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2020

This is really frustrating!  Do you experience the same issues on your phone?

If this is MacBook-specific, could this be related to another app trying to access the microphone? Take a look at this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208896

Are you connected to more than one device at a time? It might help to disconnect from the phone.

I guess, the first things that Bose will have you do when the respond is to try to do a "reset" of the headphones and clear the device list -- this might indeed help; have you tried this?

Sasha