Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Bose quietcomfort 35 II struggling to stream and keeps cutting out.

Heya,

I've just got these and I'm from New Zealand, I've seen some posts mentioning Firmware Version which mine is 4.5.2 (not sure what this means).

When the headphones are connected and trying to stream Spotify or our local radio station I get music for like 4 seconds then it cuts out like it's trying to buffer, this also leads to my phone's internet dropping out. I've had to download all my albums on Spotify just so I can listen to music offline.

When I connect my old headphones (not Bose) I have no issues whats so ever and it streams well. I've used the Bose app on my phone to connect the headphones. I'm also using a Samsung A50

I'm new to these so not sure what to do or how to fix. I'm pretty sure it's an easy fix.

Another thing that is funny about this is that I can turn wifi off and use my data and it works perfectly, I know it's not my wifi tho because nothing else plays up on wifi. I can also connect them to my iPad and not no issues while on wifi.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose quietcomfort 35 II struggling to stream and keeps cutting out.

Hi Fridgie, 

Thank you for your port and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your QC35 II's. This is a very unusual behavior. 

Have you tried the headphones with a different device?

Let me know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Heya, thanks for your reply.

The issue is only when they are connected to my phone and using wifi.  When I use phone data it doesn't happen, It's not the wifi as I don't have the issue with any other devices.  At the moment I have them connected to my Ipad and my phone, so streaming and listening to music on my Ipad and still taking phone calls on my phone.  However, I can't always take my Ipad with me so I need them to stream music or watch Youtube with wifi.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Fridgie. 

Let's attempt a new connection between the devices. To do this we want to clear the pairing list from the headset and reconnect the devices. We can perform this step by following these steps below: 

• Power on your headset
  • Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Once this is done you will need to clear the connection from your devices also. I would also like to know if the issue happens when you are just connected to the iPad via Wi-Fi? 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Heya team,

I've done the steps to clear the headset.

I then cleared the headset from both devices.

I then connected just my phone to the headset which is a Samsung A50 so not that old, and still, the same thing was happening. Radio App buffering so music was stop-starting and wifi cutting out.

I then cleared the headset again and just connected my Ipad, Worked perfectly with just the IPad.

I've just connected both devices again and working well. so that's streaming Radio App and have my phone ready for phone calls. 

Thanks