Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Bose quietcomfort no longer pairing HELP

I have the Bose Quietcomfort 25's and they have been great. Until recently when I went to pair them and turn them on. They dont pair, they are now listed as CSR-bc7 in my BT devices and when I turn them on the BT light flashes red. They also dont say anything through the ear piece when they are getting powered on or pairing like before. Not dropped or damaged between when they worked and didnt. It was on a flight, they worked on the way there and not on the way back.   I have tired powering off and back on and charging the battery again with no luck. 

Any idea why this would randomly happen and any steps to fix?

SN: 065252Z1220047AE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose quietcomfort no longer pairing HELP

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hey @evgeny.20, thanks for joining the discussion. 

It seems odd that nothing is happening when you are using the switch to initiate pairing mode. Does the switch work for powering on and off the headphones? 

You can also put the headphones in pairing mode via the Bose Connect app on your phone. Once they're connected, you'll see a Bluetooth symbol in the bottom left, click this and then select 'CONNECT NEW' at the bottom. Your headphones will then enter pairing mode and will be discoverable to connect to your laptop.

Regarding the switch,please reset the headphone by following these steps:

It seems odd that nothing is happening when you are using the switch to initiate pairing mode. Does the switch work for powering on and off the headphones? 

You can also put the headphones in pairing mode via the Bose Connect app on your phone. Once they're connected, you'll see a Bluetooth symbol in the bottom left, click this and then select 'CONNECT NEW' at the bottom. Your headphones will then enter pairing mode and will be discoverable to connect to your laptop.

1. Turn off the headphones and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headphones into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headphones

Let me know the outcome of this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

I am having a similar issue with my QuietComfort 35, I used it for 3 years paired just to my phone. Now I want to pair it to my laptop too and it's not working. I made sure I read pairing instructions in https://www.bose.com.au/en_au/support/article/pairing-a-bluetooth-enabled-device-qc35.html correctly, but nothing happens when power switch is held to the right at the Bluetooth symbol. Please help.

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

1. Turn off the headphones and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headphones into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headphones

Let me know the outcome of this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Thank you, I installed the Bose Connect app on my phone and paired through it without any difficulties. So all good now.

Regarding the power switch, yes it works well to turn the power off and on, but not to pair. I remember I used to hear "pairing mode" voice advice when I hold the power switch to the right, I don't get it anymore. Anyway I can use the Connect app now, so I'm not too worried.