Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Bose soundlink over ear headphone - sound too low

I bought a pair of the Soundlink II over ear headphones yesterday and the mic sound is so low that no one can hear me.  I have to put the sound at 100% in order to be heard but that means any sound coming in is extremely loud.  I tried them paired with my Microsoft surface for  a teams call and I have paired them with my iPhone X.  Both times I had to have the volume at 100%.  The store is now telling me that they cannot be returned because I have opened the box.  What are my options?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose soundlink over ear headphone - sound too low

Hi @HelenS,

I'm sorry to hear that - were you using the iPhone X for making Microsoft Teams calls or regular phone calls? Did you notice a signal/WiFi issue when making the calls? Did you try to take calls in different environments for reference to check nothing was causing microphone problems?

Where did you purchase the headphones from, was it a Bose store? If so, you will have a 30-day trial period which means you certainly are more than able to return your product if you wish to.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Hi - I tried to make regular calls to another cell phone from my iPhone.  The meetings were on zoom and teams.  In all cases, I had to have the sound at 100% so the person/people could hear me.  I have tested the headset on different wifis and connectivity was not an issue.  I bought them at Best Buy and and they have a zero return policy once the box is open.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

I`m having the same issue. Have you solved your problem?

I`m connected on Zoom meetings with my computer.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have to put the volume at 100% to make the microphone work.

Please, Bose, we paid a lot for this headphone, help us.

I read on the Internet that it is a common problem on the Bose SoundLink Around-Ear II.