Bose sport free disconnecting in Sun light

SOLVED
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorTegan_M

Re: Bose sport free disconnecting in Sun light

Hi Rich,

Thank you for writing in.

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with your headphones. If you feel concerned that your headphones are not functioning properly, we encourage you to contact our service team in your region for further assistance. They will work with you to discuss your service options. Please click here for contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Take care,

Mohsin 

Audible Advocate

Same happening with me. Work just fine until I lay down next to the pool under the sun. Then it starts to turn off. I think it probably a firmware problem. 1:23 p.m. 72°F ( 28°C ) and I hopping it's not a thermal issue cuz I paid a LOT and for that I expect one durable product.
Quiet Contributor

@rebdutra I can't remeber where I spotted this now but it was something to do with the batteries cutting out so they don't overheat (or blow up in your ear) so a firmwear update wouldn't be an option. I have since exchanged mine for the wired version but havent had an opportunity to see if they have the same issue with sunlinght/heat. However, I had these before the sport true wireless and pretty sure they didn't stop in the heat.

Hope this helps

Rich

Quiet Contributor

My path was exactly the same: I experienced sunlight/heat issue and returned soundsport free for a pair of soundsport wireless.
No more issues. Even on the very same conditions where soundsport free had problems. 
Hope this helps

Alfredo

Quiet Contributor

alf.mrt@gmail.com Thanks, thats good to know sun/heat doesn't effect the wired version.

I'm not that fussed about the 'wire' anymore  as the sound it just as good (if not better) but I do miss the charging case. So, I'm hoping the official case gets reduced in the Black Friday or Xmas Sales coming up... refuse to pay £40! Smiley Very Happy

Silent Starter

My bose sound sport do exactly the same. I have carried out several tests. When I sunbath listening to music which ever side is facing the sun will switch off.....appalling. you dont pay these prices for poor quality build.
Quiet Contributor

You guys hit it right on the head!!! Perfect headphones (buds) in a plane or inside. I was just by the pool in Punta Gorda, 880 degrees F and they shut off after 15 minutes. 1st the left and then the right. I am now in the air conditioning in my room and they are perfect. Maybe because Bose is near Boston, they are thinking "Sport" as in hockey!!! Thanks guys, now I know!!!!

Hi Hankster,

Thanks for posting. I wanted to jump in here and mention that this issue was addressed in the latest firmware update that you can see here.

New Firmware Available for SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

@Tony_G Thanks for the update.

Its still very annoying / frustrating as I have had to return several pairs of headphones since I originally posted the issue and the shop thought I was trying it on as I couldn't recreate the fault for them.

Its also a shame that this update was never mentioned before as I would have stuck with these headphones until it was resolved.

Rich

Quiet Contributor

I'm a little late to this conversation, but was wondering if anyone has had issues after updating firmware?  I just updated and it'll be a couple of days before I can test out in the heat.  TIA.