John4111
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Bose updater not recognizing my qc35 ii

Hello everyone,

I went on https://btu.bose.com/ but the website does not recognize my qc35 ii even though the USB is connected. So I am stuck on the page below. 

Screenshot 2021-02-20 162432.png

I have tried using a different USB and I made sure the "voice prompt" is on. What is the problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose updater not recognizing my qc35 ii

Hey @John4111, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're having difficulty using the Bose Updater website. Does your computer recognize your headphones are connected at all? Do they appear to be charging?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
John4111
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

By charging, if you mean an orange light is blinking, then yes.

Jessie_O

Hey John4111, 

Thanks for coming back to us! 

Have you tried a different web browser? 

Let me know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
John4111
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Hi tried Firefox and Edge. I had the same issue.

Tegan_M

I am very sorry to hear this persists. Are you able to connect your headphones to your mobile device through the Bose Connect app? This way we can just confirm your headphones are a legitimate product. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
John4111
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Yes, I am able to connect my headphones to my mobile device through the Bose Connect app. I am able to update the firmware this way and it shows a serial number as well.

But I want to know why the website is not recognizing my qc35 ii.

Jessie_O

Hey John4111, 

It's great to hear that you are able to connect to the application! 

There could be a number of reasons why you are unable to connect on the updater. Have you tried clearing the cache? 

Let me know!