Alonsoft
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

Brand new Bose 700 do not turn on neither charge

I was in Vegas and purchased the Bose QC 700 at BestBuy. Went back to my room and went through the app settings and firmware update. I tested the earphones for about 5 minutes and left them charging.

Next day, when I was on the airplane back home I tried to turn on the earphones...never worked. I connected them to a power bank (thinking the battery didn’t charged well during the night) and the white led never turned on either. I tried several times to make them work but the brand new earphones simply never turned on. 

Now at home, I connected them to several USB chargers and the earphones still do not charge or turn on.

i used them for FIVE minutes only. Please advise.

Alonso.

4 REPLIES 4
Vicky_W

Re: Brand new Bose 700 do not turn on neither charge

Hello Alonso, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having this issue with your NC 700 headphones, it is certainly not normal. I would urge you to try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds. 

Should the headphones still not turn on, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vshanbha
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

I purchased a brand new pair of Bose 700 headphones which I received yesterday 02/14/2020. 

Yesterday they worked fine. Today, I used them for 5 minutes and then kept them to charge via connecting to the laptop using the USB C cable provided. Charged headphones for about an hour. They wont turn on now.

Things I have tried: 

1) Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds. 

2) Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

Result:

1)The headphones do not respond to the product reset procedure. None of the two lights turn on even when the headphones are connected to the charger using the USB C cable.

2) The Bose Updater page is unable to detect the headphones when connected to the laptop through the usbc cable.

These headphones are brand new and just two days old. I have ordered these after doing my due research and having faith in Bose. But, I am thoroughly disappointed at the failure of the headphones on just the second day of my use. 

[ Edited by moderator]

Hector_B

Hello @vshanbha

Thank you for joining and posting on the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are also having this very strange power issue. 

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have attempted so far, I'm sorry that they didn't resolve this for you. As the issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

On the off chance that any other users are also experiencing this issue, please attempt the steps listed in this thread before contacting us.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vshanbha
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Hello @Hector_B ,

Thank you for the quick response. 

I visited the nearest Bose store.

The Bose representative was helpful. Funny enough, when he plugged in the headphones, the charging light lit up. We weren't able to figure out why the pair was not responding when I had them plugged in. The potential reason the Bose representative mentioned was that the headphones might have entered the shipping mode!

I was given a new pair of headphones and they work well so I am happy with my purchase.

Thank you,

Vishal.