TootieFrootie
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Brand new Bose QC35ii hissing static with ANC

Brand new QC35ii running latest firmware fully charged and paired over BT to PC & Android phone.

Great sound, great comfort and I'm loving my choice until I forget that I'm wearing them and the music stops.

Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Turning ANC off makes it most noticeable by its absence.

Got my wife and kids to test and they report the same - ANC makes a quiet room noisier.

So these are going back to the supplier but should I chance my arm again? I see so many QC35ii ANC problem comments here that I'm thinking maybe Bose is not where it's at.

Or will the next pair be perfect and I just got unlucky?

2 REPLIES 2
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Brand new Bose QC35ii hissing static with ANC

@TootieFrootie 

Well its not a 'global issue'.  I have had my QC35ii AE since Dec 08 and whenever I turn on the ANC things always seem to get quieter both in the house and on a plane.  Now it is possible that there are still units with "ANC" issues as you read but I have also been reading here that at least some of the users who had "ANC" issues seem to feel things have gotten better with 4.8.1.

Two or three versions back, I did hear the 'hissing' that you referred to. It was either 4.1.3 or 4.3.6, I can't remember which - but the hissing went away at the next upgrade.

TootieFrootie
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Re: Brand new Bose QC35ii hissing static with ANC

I like them so much I've ordered the same again so I guess I'll know soon enough!

Bose need to bring out the QC45 with USB C and BT5.0.