ANTREcote
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

[Bug] Impossible to use the share sound feature from the Bose connect app

Hi,

I want to share the music/sound from my bose qc35ii_A which is connected to an android device with a qc35ii_B ("Siyi's ecouteur"). When I use the "share music feature" it just does not work (see attached gif).

output1.gif

Same goes if I do the reverse : Sharing the music from the device B (connected to an Iphone) with device A.

Bose product name

QC 35 ii

Country

FR

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on
Android

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

qc 35 ii_A connected and linked to the android device with Bose connect

Use the share music feature

Follow the steps to connect another device qc 35 ii_B which is not linked with the android device

qc 35 ii_B is never able to connect

What environment do you experience the issue in?

all

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

no

Any troubleshooting steps you took

tried to link qc 35ii_B to the android device too.

10 REPLIES 10
Hector_B

Re: [Bug] Impossible to use the share sound feature from the Bose connect app

Hey ANTREcote, 

Thanks for reaching back out to the Community today. Sorry to see that you have had this issue with the Music Share feature. 

I understand that one of the headsets is on 4.8.1 firmware, please ensure that both are on this firmware. I'd also recommend that you are running the latest Bose Connect app version. 

Let's also perform reset's on both headsets via these steps here

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ANTREcote
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Hi thanks for the answer, both headsets are indeed on the latest firmware and app version.

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this! 

Have you also performed resets on the earbuds as suggested above? 

Should the issue persists, I would recommend contacting Bose FR via the Contact Us page here for further assistance with this. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
ANTREcote
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Hi, yes I did and it still did not fix. I also tried to connect the headset A to headset B instead of the reverse and it does not work either.

Keith_L

Now worries ANTREcote, thanks for the update!

At this point, what I would recommend doing next is uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Connect app on your device. I always recommend restarting the device while doing this, and uninstalling the app, restarting the device, then reinstalling the app. This is to make sure the app is completely removed before the reinstall happens.

If you are still unable to connect for music share after reinstalling the app, it would also be worth clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on both pairs of headphones. To clear the pairing list, turn the headphones on then slide and hold the Bluetooth/power list to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds before releasing. Once the pairing list has been cleared, try setting up music share again and let me know how you get on!

ANTREcote
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Hi, thanks for the procedure but it still does not work after doing all this.

I also tried it the other way around, which is connecting siyi's ecouteur to device A.

Vicky_W

@ANTREcote, thanks for getting back to us. Have you tested using a different phone running the app at all? Also have you ever successfully used this feature?

I look forward to your reply.

ANTREcote
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Hi no, it actually never worked.

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming this! 

Were you able to try a different source device as mentioned by Vicky_W?

I look forward to hearing from you!