Highlighted
Bose12345
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Buy the old Bose AE2

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to buy the old Bose AE2 somewhere? I bought a pair with fabric around the ears years ago (picture below) and they were one of the very few headphones that I could wear for hours (I have tried MANY). I have really bad sensory issues and these ones were truly a life saver to me!

I have tried the SoundLink AE II but they do not work as good. I am not sure if it is that it is a different sound or that they come without the fabric around the ears. Maybe a mix of both? Because I have tried them with a hat and it's still not good. I know it sounds stupid but the fabric thing can really calm down people on the spectrum.

If it is not possible to buy them anymore, I think you should really consider to make a new model like this one with the SAME sound because I believe it would help A LOT of people! I love Bose so please do this!

boseae22.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buy the old Bose AE2

Hi There, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

We're glad to hear that our headphones have helped you so much! 

Whilst we do not produce these headphones anymore, we may still be able to assist you. Are you looking to replace the cushions? Or is there an issue with the headset?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Bose12345
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Unfortunately they got broken. Really sucks because for me it was not just another pair of headphones. I tried the Bose Soundlink AE II, did not work, bought (and kept) the QC35. They are great at keeping out the sound, but I can't wear them for more than 30m because the sound makes me super exhausted. As 99% of the headphones does to me but Bose AE2 were different for some reason. 

I found a link on another forum that describes my problem, if you want to take a look, cool. If not, that's fine too. 🙂 

https://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/14044-auditory-sensitivity-noise-cancelling-head...

Since this is an anonymous forum I am just being very honest about my situation because it is a huge problem for me (and others) not having headphones that I can wear for a longer period of time and also to get rested.

As for now, I will be looking at retro headphones because all these new models has been terrible for me. If Bose creates a new model that is similar to the old one, I will be the first one to buy it! 

Hi! 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

In what way were you headphones broken? 

I may be able to help you resolve it.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O