Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Can I cancel out my mouthy neighbours with headset?

Hi,

I've got loud speaking neighbours and I'm fed up with the distraction when I'm trying to chill or read in my garden.  

Would you recommend any of the noise cancelling products for totally silencing these loud mouths?

Thanks,

Cav

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: Can I cancel out my mouthy neighbours with headset?

Yes, the SONY WH-1000XM3.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

No. Sonys are crap. Squeaking, creaking and cracking headband and hinges. Poor built, cheap plastics all round. After the 6th replacement pair I gave up. And the noise cancelling on public transport is useless. As soon as the bus hits a pothole the ANC suddenly goes off and back on, causing distortiton in the music.

The Bose NC700s also have plenty of problems, had 4 pairs as well.

Since october I have had around 15 pairs, including Sony, Bose, Beats, Sennheiser, Nuraphone.

My personal favoruite is the Nuraphones, the best headphones I ever had and the only ones I didn't have to return. Also have a QC35 II with the latest 4.5.2. firmware which is just as good as the previous versions.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

0344201-1.png

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Thanks for the advice, I'll research your recommended models.  

Ear plugs do the job but its all or nothing so be good to listen to music at a comfortable level too - I've got the volume cranked up to drown out the noise which will probably leave me deaf (an extreme way to resolve my problem!)

Cheers,

Cav

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

@cavalcade wrote:

Hi,

I've got loud speaking neighbours and I'm fed up with the distraction when I'm trying to chill or read in my garden.  

Would you recommend any of the noise cancelling products for totally silencing these loud mouths?

Thanks,

Cav

Nope, ANC doesn't cancel out human voices, only regular low/mid frequencies like repeating/regular hum/noise. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Cheers for that.  I've gone for Nuraphone as I reckon their passive noise isolation design will help.  

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Great choice, their passive isolation is an ultimate winner due to the double isolation provided by the in-ear piece and the outter earcup.

Have you ordered them yet? Do you purchase them outright or through their subsricption plan?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Hi, purchased outright and picked up today - just firing them up now.  I wouldn't normally buy expensive kit without a trial but seeing as the stores are closed I took a punt and, with your help I'm impressed so far - love the immersion and you're right, the build quality is good and double isolation is outstanding (took a bit of time getting used to it but feels comfortable now). 

The real test will be when the gob**bleep**es next door are in their garden but I doubt they're gonna get past this set up.

Cheers,

Cav