Highlighted
rcpost
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Can I connect my Noise Cancelling 700 to Bluetooth enabled PC

I have Bluetooth enabled on my Windows 10 PC desktop and it appears to connect to my new NC700 headphones but it doesn't work (no sound). I can't find a Bose Music App for Windows. Is there a workaround? If not, does Bose plan on creating a Windows version?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Can I connect my Noise Cancelling 700 to Bluetooth enabled PC

Hi rcpost, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having sound issues with your NCH 700 and your Windows 10 PC. 

I would first check to ensure your computer supports A2DP for audio streaming via Bluetooth. While many computers have Bluetooth, not all of them support this transmission method - some are for more standard applications such as keyboard/mouse and file transfers. 

Once you have confirmed the computer does support A2DP, please check to ensure the headphones have been selected as the audio output. You can do this by right-clicking on the speaker icon on the taskbar, then click Sounds, Playback, then click on the headphones. Next, click Apply, then click OK. 

It is unknown at this time if Bose Music will ever come to Windows/Mac but it is currently available on iOS and Android. 

I hope this helps, and I look forward to hearing from you again! 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

TBag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

I had the same issue and it was a bit tricky to install.  I first paired with bluetooth, where it saw the device and paired it, but Win10 didn't know what kind of device it was.  I then went to the control panel > hardware and sound and selected "Add a Device."  It initiated a search and found the paired NC700's and installed.   Audio was available after install.   Hope that helps.  Thanks. 

rcpost
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Thanks for the advice. I essentially discovered the same approach on my Windows 10 laptop a bit before receiving your message. I had purchased a Bluetooth dongle for my desktop and started to assume the problem resided with the dongle as Bluetooth wasn't native to my desktop. The NC700s work just fine with the laptop and haven't had the nerve to try again with the desktop.

However, a new wrinkle: Now my NC700s don't work with my iPad. Bose Music sees them but will no longer connect. I listened to music (iTunes) for several hours but, following the PC connection, the iPad no longer connects even though the headphones keep telling it's trying to connect. It still connects to my Android phone. Any ideas?

TBag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

I don't have any Apple devices, but I experienced similar on my Android where the bluetooth was connected and music would play, but the Bose Music app kept failing to connect.  Sounds like your issue might be some different since it looks like you couldn't get audio connected either.   I did a full reboot on the Android device and the headphones and haven't had this recur since.   Worth a try on your iPad.  

Atrivan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Also this. Windows recognizes this as a bluetooth device but not as a playback device (headset icon). Instead there's a phone/tablet icon. Can't switch it to any way. 

This machine has easily recognized several other bluetooth headsets, so seems to be a Bose 700 issue. 

ruiwn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

It works!! Thx

Feathers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

I can pair my NC700's to Windows10 on my laptop (Dell XPS15 9550) but they wont connect.

I have tried all trouble shooting on this forum to date without success.

All drivers are up to date

NC700 firmware updated, device llist cleared numerous times. 

Unpaired with computer - uninstalled Bluetooth drivers & reinstalled.

The problem remains - NC700's recognised and paired but wont "connect" therefor not found under playback devices and don't work on my Laptop.

If anyone has any soloutions I would love to hear them. My $10 bluetooth headphones work perfectly! my expensive Bose ones don't 😞

Not sure if it makes any difference to the soloutions offered but I'm in Australia.  While I'm here the NC700's won't connect to the Bose Music app either and i have been told I have to wait for the next app update and hopefully that fixes the issue.  I was hoping for a better experience having paid close $600 for a set of headphones.

Cheers

Feathers

Jos030
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Found the trick on W10!

1. Search for Bluetooth in the start menu, click 'Add bluetooth or other device'

2. Pair with your Bose 700 as any other device, it will show up as unknown and won't play audio

3. Search for control panel in the start menu, switch to all items view and select 'Devices and Printers'

4. Your Bose should be listed there under 'unspecified', right click it and choose 'properties'

5. on the 'services' tab, select everything but 'Unknown Service'

6. Click OK and wait a few seconds

7. You should now be able to use your headset from Windows 10

P-L
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

My bose headphones 700 works fine on my mobile but not on my pc. It is paired and added to 'devices and printers'. Having right clicked on my Bose headphones 700 icon and selected Properties followed by the Services-tab but I see no 'services' listed. It's empty. 

What else can I do?