Highlighted
HaroldHammond
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Can i continue music when on a call with NC700?

Hi,

Scenario: Sometime when i am on a call, a work or personal, i want my spotify to continue playing. Currently if I am playing spotify and i make a call on my laptop softphone, the music completely stops (does not pause, just continues playing in the background muted). I would like it to either continue playing, at full volume or half, or at the very least pause my song, and play it again after the call has finished. 

I know i can use the laptop for input and the headphones for output, and this would allow me to continue listening, but as soon as i use the bose 700 mics (which are amazing), all my music stops. 

Thanks all

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Can i continue music when on a call with NC700?

Hi HaroldHammond,

Thanks for posting! 

I have just carried out some testing here, using a Windows 10 laptop connected to some NC Headphones 700. When playing Spotify and receiving a VoIP call, I can confirm that I experienced the same behavior. I believe that this is actually down to the connected device and not the headphones. It's not the headphones that will pause the music like on a mobile device. It's possible that there may be some settings somewhere on your computer but I would like to open up the conversation for the wider community to see if there are any suggestions. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
HaroldHammond
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Re: Can i continue music when on a call with NC700?

A while ago I used to use a cheap Microsoft headset for work and I don’t think that muted Spotify. Maybe it was the different VoIP software.. there is no setting in my VoIP soft phone but there is a setting in Windows10 communications section of sound settings. You can set it to 50%, 80% volume or muted. However no matter which one I use, it does nothing and my headset always mutes Spotify when I make a call.

When I use the integrated laptop microphone as my input device (with the Bose NC700 as output), Spotify does not mute and it carries on as normal. As soon as i use the Bose for my input as well as output, it mutes Spotify.