OskarE02
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Can i disable Hands-Free mode on Bose QC 35 II?

Hey! I've been having trouble with the call/hands free feature of my QC 35 II and was wondering if there is a way to prevent them from switching to Call Mode/Hands Free mode when I enter a call in an app such as Teams or Zoom

I was having problems on my online classes, where i can't really hear anything because Bose QC 35 II turns into Hands-Free mode whenever i "enter" the class or the meeting. And the white noice is really distracting and was wondering if i could avoid Hands-Free mode

5 REPLIES 5
Seekay
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: Can i disable Hands-Free mode on Bose QC 35 II?

How do you mean disabling hands free?  What do you mean under hands free?  Don’t you want to use it for calls? 

jbrugger
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 30, 2019

Question seems perfectly clear to me. When connected to my Mac and starting any call, the system is switching to use the Bose microphone in stead of the internal laptop one. Instantly going from AAC to SBC, resulting in horrible quality for both me and de one on the other side of the line.

i always have to go to the sound settings to change this again. It would be great if we are able to disable these microphones on the headset at all. 

Seekay
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

So do you want to listen through the headphones but use the laptop’s speaker instead? 

jbrugger
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 30, 2019

Yes.

Seekay
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

The hands free mode was a bit confusing. During calls, these headphones also amplify the surrounding and the this feature cannot be turned off. 
If you don’t want to use the headphones for calls in the first place, why don’t you just take them off and use the laptops speaker?