billmote
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

Can't Play Music from Connected Services on QC 700 via Music App

I just bought the QC 700 headphones.  I installed the app.  I finished the setup on my Android device to include setting up my iheartradio service.  TuneIn was already configured.

When I open the Bose Music App, however, the only option I have is to stream music from applications running on my phone.  Is this correct?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Can't Play Music from Connected Services on QC 700 via Music App

Hello billmote, 

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the Bose Music app! I would love to help you with this. 

Which streaming services are you able to stream through the device?

You can stream your music to the headset by opening the desired streaming app on your device and play the music from here. 

If you have any further questions, please do post back on this thread and we will assist you further 😊

[ Edited by moderator ] 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
billmote
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

Please read what I wrote and don't assume this is the same old, same old ...

Attached are my screenshots.  I have added services to the Bose Music App, but I CAN NOT play music from them.  There's simply no option to do anything other than playback from an application on my phone.  Can I not use the Bose Music App and if that is true then why is it called a music app?  😉

Screenshot_20200213-100150.pngScreenshot_20200213-100220.pngScreenshot_20200213-100251.pngScreenshot_20200213-100352.png

Highlighted

Sorry to hear this @billmote

Can you please attempt to remove the music service and re-add this again! To do this simply open the Bose Music app > tapping the profile icon in the top right > Manage Music Services > select iHeartradio > Remove service. Once this is done please add the service again. 

Can you please also test this with only one device connected to the headphones to see if the same issue occurs? Removing the Bose Music app from your device and re-adding this is also another great step that I would recommend. 

Please also perform a standard product reset on the headset by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and would love to hear from any other users experiencing the same issue.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
billmote
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

Removed the iHeartRadio service.  No change.

Disconnected & Removed the headphones from the Bose Music App.  Completed the soft reset of the headphones.  Uninstalled/re-installed the application and went through the pairing/connecting procedure again.  Added iHeartRadio service.  No change.

For what it's worth: the TuneIn service can't be used in the app either.  There's no way to do anything except stream audio from my phone.

Highlighted
billmote
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

Further, after reconnecting I added all the services except 1 (which I have no idea what it is).  Still nothing.  My only option for audio is to stream from my phone.  The music app has no other options.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating me on this @billmote

I would like to apologize for any confusion caused on this thread.

Your headset is performing as expected and won't be able to stream the audio content through the Bose Music application on the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700. 

This is only something that can be done in the application with the Smart Home products. The app is mainly used with the headphones to make adjustments to the headset's settings. 

I will edit my original post to avoid any confusion with any other users.  

Highlighted
billmote
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2017

Right on.  So, the Bose Music App videos, etc. that show it playing music from the streaming services is for other Bose connected products like Sound Bars, smart speakers, etc?

Highlighted

Hey @billmote,

That's correct! Take a look at this video which explains further - http://bit.ly/2vwveZ2.

Like you've said, the smart home speaker and soundbars have the ability to stream the integrated music services.

However, the NC700 headphones still find great benefits using the Bose Music app. Within the app you'll find noise-cancellation control, guidance using AR and prompts for pushing firmware updates to your product.

If you do expand your Bose home system, the SimpleSync feature may appeal to you also.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding about the app for you, but let me know if you have any further questions!