Martin84
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Can't hear other person on WhatsApp

With QC 35 II, paired with my Android cellphone I can hear music and podcasts perfectly, and make regular calls without problem. However, with WhatsApp the other person can hear me fine, but I can hardly hear the other person, super choppy and breaks up all the time. What can the problem be?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Can't hear other person on WhatsApp

Hello Martin84, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

When using VoIP services (i.e. apps with audio or video calling), your product might not receive control commands from the app. In this case—and any case where the product doesn't detect interaction)—it's auto power-down timer keeps counting, even while receiving audio from the VoIP service. To resolve this, turn off the sleep timer or set it to a longer period of time. You can use the Bose Connect app to select an amount of time before your product automatically turns off:

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth products.
  2. Tap the Settings gear icon to open the product settings menu. If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it, then tap Settings.
  3. Tap Standby Timer.
  4. Choose the desired time it will take before your headset turns off by itself. The default setting is Never.

I would also suggest ensuring that your phone, WhatsApp and headphones are up to date. You can update the firmware of the headphones at http://btu.bose.com. 

If you are still having issues after updating everything, please do let me know as there are some more steps that we can try. To perform different troubleshooting, I will need to know: 

• The make of Android you have. 
  • The model and firmware version of your phone. 
  • To know if it is just WhatsApp that is affected, or if other voice calling apps are having the same issue. 
  • To know how you are connected to the internet, via 3G or WiFi? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Martin84
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer!  The problem actually went away by itself, not quite sure why, maybe it was just a temporary bluetooth glitch. I had the sleep timer off from the start. 

Highlighted

Hey Martin84, 

Thanks for updating us.I am glad that the issue is now resolved. 

Do let us know if you need assistance in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.