Milkman860
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

Can't open sources

I've been waiting for an update to come out hoping it would fix this problem but it never came out.

My problem is when I press on sources i just get a blank screen i can't disconnect or connect any devices Wich is very annoying.

I've tried reinstalling the app and restating my router.

Bose product name

Bose NC 700 Headphones

Country

Iceland

Firmware Version

1.8.2-11524+0f7590

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy note 9) android 10.

One Ui 2.5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Can't open sources

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

No worries Robert, is this router reset a full power cycle of the router? If not I would definitely recommend performing a power cycle, by disconnecting it from power for at least 30 seconds then plugging it back in and allowing it to reboot.

You can use our Device Updater on a computer to check for and install any available updates for the headphones. If the update was not installed correctly when it was performed initially the updater will be able to correct this.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Sam_F

Hey Milkman860,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering an app issue but I'd be happy to advise.

When did you start noticing this problem? Also, have you tried loading the Bose Music app on a different device, to see if the source page is having any issues?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MrMaksimize
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

I can confirm that I have this problem too, running an android device.

This problem started about 3-4 months ago.  

Vicky_W

@MrMaksimize, I am sorry to hear this. Please can I confirm your: 

• Bose product name
  • Country
  • Firmware Version
  • App Version
  • What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Robert418
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

I have exact same problem.   Started sometime in December.   I think I got back-2-back app update and firmware update and it started after that. 

Running Bose Music on both Samsung Note 10+ and Galaxy Tab 4. 

App Version 4.2.4

Bose NC 700 Firmware 1.8.2-11524+eOf750

When I click on "source", it turns blank.   Can no longer manually switch between devices or add a device.  This is important as I have a third device (my Windows PC) and it will not longer connect to the PC.

Also, under settings if I click on "Bluetooth Connections" I also get a blank screen.

Please help me fix this.   It is making it impossible to use headphones.

p.s. I'm in California USA

Jessie_O

Thank you for confirming this. 

Have you tried deleting the application and then reinstalling it? Hopefully, this will help to resolve any issues in the application. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Robert418
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Deleted app on both phone and tablet.  Deleted cache and storage before I deleted the apps.  Then re-installed.  Didn't change anything.  Still the "sources" screen and the "bluetooth connections" screens are blank.

HELP

Keith_L

Thanks for letting us know that Robert418.

Are the source and Bluetooth connections pages in the app the only ones that are blank, or are any other settings pages also blank?

As you are unable to access these settings on either your tablet or your phone it does suggest that something is stopping them from communicating with the headphones correctly. What I would recommend doing next is resetting the headphones. To perform a reset what you need to do is:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.
    • If the headphones are unresponsive after a reset, reset them a second time.

Let me know how you get on!

Robert418
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Only the source and Bluetooth screens are blank.   All others seem to be working normally.

I did reset per your directions.  Headphones do seem to be connecting faster when I turn it on, BUT the source and bluetooth screens are still blank.   I did force stop the Bose Music app and then restart it and the problem is still there.

Jessie_O

Hey Robert418, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

This is certainly a strange behavior. I would recommend resetting the router. This step is a long shot but it may open the connection. 

Let me know!