Robert418
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Re: Can't open sources

My router is reset automatically every Tuesday morning and this problem has been going on for a couple of weeks so a router reset won't fix it.

As I said, this happened sometime in December after a back-to-back update of the firmware on the headphones and an application update.  So I have no clue whether the case is the app or the firmware or some combo.   Is it possible to reload the firmware as I've already deleted the app and downloaded again??

Keith_L

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

No worries Robert, is this router reset a full power cycle of the router? If not I would definitely recommend performing a power cycle, by disconnecting it from power for at least 30 seconds then plugging it back in and allowing it to reboot.

You can use our Device Updater on a computer to check for and install any available updates for the headphones. If the update was not installed correctly when it was performed initially the updater will be able to correct this.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Robert418
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Did the device updater and now the issue is fixed and the source screen is back.  Not sure it was the device updater that fixed it as it said everything was up to date.  Before doing the device updater, I assumed I needed to connect to PC with bluetooth and this wasn't working.  Headphones was stuck connected to phone and tablet and wouldn't add another device.  So I turned off bluetooth on tablet and tried to add the PC and that worked.   I didn't check at that time whether the "source screen" problem was fixed but simply fired up the device updater and realized that it didn't use bluetooth and found a cable and let it do it's thing.  

Regardless, all is good now.  Thanks for your help.

Keith_L

Thanks for the update Robert418, I'm glad to hear your headphones are working correctly again!

If there's anything we can do to help in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out again!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
cf42
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

I have the same problem. I previously had 4 devices showing on the Sources page:

• Galaxy S9
  • Ipad
  • Windows 10 desktop
  • Windows 10 laptop

Since 21 January the Sources page has been blank. My S9 connects to the headphones and plays sounds. The Ipad plays sounds on the headphones but does not show as connected in the app and will not connect to the app.

I have unpaired and paired again on both the S9 and the Ipad. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have run the device updater and it is up to date. I have rebooted the router.

• Bose NC 700 HP
  • UK
  • Firmware 1.8.2-11524+eOf759O
  • App version 4.2.4
cf42
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

I also followed the instructions for rebooting the headphones. That did not change anything and I am not sure that it worked.

Keith_L

Hi cf42,

As the headphones don't show the sources page on one device, and don't show as connected on another, I would definitely recommend clearing the pairing list on the headphones and then reconnecting them to your devices. You can clear the pairing by turning the headphones on, and pressing and holding the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear a notification.

You'll also want to forget the headphones from the Bluetooth device list on the Galaxy and iPad before reconnecting the headphones to them.

Let me know how this goes!

cf42
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

My previous message said that I had already unpaired and paired again. I did this on both devices (more than once). I had also reinstalled the app, rebooted the router, and followed the instructions to reboot the headphones. I had also already Forgotten on both devices.

None of these steps helped me on Monday, despite multiple attempts to get the app to work correctly.

After a fresh Re-pairing with the Ipad, I found this morning that the app on my S9 required me to Re-pair with the S9 again, and today the Sources screen is at the moment showing my devices correctly.

I am however worried that the app is not reliable and that the problem may recur. The steps which are required in order to troubleshoot this problem are tedious.

Keith_L

No worries cf42, from your previous message I wasn't sure if you had completely cleared the pairing, or just disconnected and reconnected the headphones, so I wanted to make sure the pairing had been cleared!

I'm glad to hear you are able to access the sources page on the app correctly now! You certainly shouldn't have any issues with the sources page in the future, but should for any reason the page stop showing the sources again, let us know and we'll be happy to look into this further with you!

WaxedOwl
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2021

When I open the app the "sources" it shows only a blank screen. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling as well as factory reset on the headphones. I have also used the Bose Updater and it tells me my headphones are up to date

Bose product name

Bose NC 700 Headphones

Country

Ireland

Firmware Version

1.8.2-11524+0f7590

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

All connections

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Connect to one or more device, open "sources" on phone app

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

N/A

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

This has been happening for months. I assumed it would be fixed with an update but has not as yet.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Uninstall / Reinstall App. Factory Reset of headphones. Bose Software Updater to ensure the latest updates were applied