Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Can we please convert the voice assist button to swap input sources / ditch the Bose music app?

Everyday I fight the battle. I need to swap sources and end up doing the Bose Music App dance.

I open the app... it doesn't allow me to connect to the headphones. I close and reopen the app. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I turn off the headphones, turn them back on, let them reconnect. Then open the BMA. No connection.

Crash the app again.

Open it again. ooo it's connected. Now I can change my input source.

Great 3 frustrating minutes to change my input. Now multiply that by 5 times a day. 

Honestly Bose give us what the QC35 had. A button on the side to rotate through our inputs. You could easily do this in software.

You've had more than enough time to get this buggy mess of an app to work. Honestly if you enabled this it would make our quality of life so much better. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Can we please convert the voice assist button to swap input sources / ditch the Bose music app?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear of the experience you are having with switching your input sources. 

Can you confirm for me if this is in reference to the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700? I would love to get this feedback passed forward to the relevant department. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Re: Can we please convert the voice assist button to swap input sources / ditch the Bose music app?

Sorry - yes the NC 700 🙂 That would be great if you could pass on! 

Highlighted

No problem at all, I have passed this on!

Have a great day 😊

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

@Tegan_MI fully agree with @Lammiwinks, not everyone uses the voice assistant, it will be more useful if end users is be able to choose what function the button is configured to be use for based on individual preference.

Highlighted

@boliao45, thanks for your feedback. I would be happy to pass this onto the team for you!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!