Can you see the serial number of your QuietComfort 35 II in the Bose Connect app ?

D0
Silent Starter

Can you see the serial number of your QuietComfort 35 II in the Bose Connect app ?

Does the Bose Connect app show, store or log the serial number somewhere. I didn't register my product and now need some sort of proof of ownership.

I do not have the box anymore and the receipt does not show the serial number.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can you see the serial number of your QuietComfort 35 II in the Bose Connect app ?

Hello D0, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

The Bose Connect App does in fact show you the serial number of the product. You can find this by clicking the Settings icon in the top right corner when your QC35 II's are connected. Then scroll down to the bottom and select 'Product Info'. This will display the serial number. 

Alternatively, you can find the serial number on the actual product itself. This can be found in the right earcup of the QC35 II's. You will have to gently pull back the cushion and the scrim to reveal this. 

Let me know if you have any problems locating this and I will be happy to guide you further. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

D0
Silent Starter

Re: Can you see the serial number of your QuietComfort 35 II in the Bose Connect app ?

Well the situation is that some misappropriated my headphones. My laptop spontaniously still connected to the headphones and I confronted the person, but now he has cleared the headphones memory or something because they don't connect anymore. 

So the question is more: 'Does the App log theserial number so that after the fact' so I can prove my app connected with those particular headphones and at least have some proof of ownership to take this further.

Wistful Whiz

@D0With all due respect, I am pretty technical and I did not understand your response and don't believe you have provided enough information either (nor do I work for Bose).  You will need to let readers here know whether your laptop is Windows or Mac.  I also think you want to know if your laptop bluetooth software keeps a log of all Bluetooth interaction.  I have personally never looked for or researched for BT log information on my machines and of course whether there are logs or not will depend totally on the third party software drivers which support BT (which may or may not be Apple or Microsoft).

In any case, imho, what you are asking for is outside the scope of the Bose communicating device since it is on the 'other end' of the communication.  I would be pleasantly suprised if Bose could answer this question, but more likely they will refer you to get help from the BT vendor on the other end.

Perhaps you would want to share with the readers here, what precipitated the situation in the first place and if it is a technical issue, we may be able to help you without having to understand the information surrounding BT action logs.... just an idea....

Highlighted

Hello DO,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to assist you with any issues or information that you might need. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C