Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Cannot (anymore) connect to NC700 to my android phone (bluetooth button not responding)

Hello,

I used to have my NC 700 paired to both my win10 laptop and my android samsung phone.

I now cannot connect to the phone anymore (the laptop is still ok).

I removed the headset from the BT list and now, when I scan for devices I don't see the headset.

I tried clearing the devices on the headset, but holding the power/bleutooth button on my NC 700 sorts no effect. I hear no message, nor do I see any change in the white led. I tried several times keeping it pressed for as long as 30 seconds.

I tried linking phone and headset through the bose app. It seems to be able to find the headset (I think), but then the next step the app requires is the pairing by holding the button power/bluetooth and than doesn't do anything.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Riccardo

My problem is:

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Cannot (anymore) connect to NC700 to my android phone (bluetooth button not responding)

Hey Ricardo,

I hope you've enjoyed your headphones so far! Is the Bluetooth button the only button that isn't responding?

What I'd recommend, is to perform a headset reset, by following the steps HERE. Also, you may find a benefit to check if the firmware of the headphones is up-to-date HERE. Let us know if that helps you out or gets your headphones connected again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Re: Cannot (anymore) connect to NC700 to my android phone (bluetooth button not responding)

Hello, thank you for your help.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. I checked the firmware of the headset and it says it's up to date.

2. I tried to forget all my devices in the headset by holding the power button => nothing happened

3. I tried resetting them by holding the power button and plugging a powered usb-c cable (a poor way of going about it , really) => I see no blue light blinking (I kept the bluetooth button pressed after plugging the powered USB-C for up to 20 seconds and saw nothing. I tried starting the reset both from headsets powered on and powered off. Same thing.

4. I checked again in the phone in the bluetooth area (samsung S10) and there is no Bose device.

5. I can see the headset in Bose music app, but when I try to connect, I am asked to press the power button and that sorts no effect (I kept it pressed > 20 seconds).

6. I uninstalled the app, powered the phone down, powered it back up, installed the app, logged in:

- All the same: I can see the headsets in the app (not in the bluetooth), but I cannot connect.

This is the third pair of Bose headsets that I have received from you in one year of warranty (and I'm a tech guy....). 

What else can I try? 

Thanks,

Riccardo

Highlighted

Thank you for attempting all this troubleshooting, these are great steps to perform. 

Have you recently performed any software updates on your phone? If so, can you let us know your devices software version?

Many thanks.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Hello,

I don't have memory of it, but I see the latest software update logged from Sept 21st.

Info about the update can be found here:

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G970F/TPH/doc.html

Attached you may find a snapshot of the phone software information.

Thank you,

Riccardo

Screenshot_20201006-055520_Settings.jpg

Highlighted

Thank you for providing this information. 

I'm sorry that the troubleshooting has yet to resolve your issue. 

Have you tried another device besides your laptop? 

Does the button function to turn off your headset?

This will help us determine if there is an issue with the headset. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Hello, 

Today I suddenly could see the device and pair through the Bose app.

I'm guessing there was some patch on either side, but now it works again. Let's hope for the best in the future.

Thank you for following my case.

Riccardo