Swapnils
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

Hi,

Thank god I am not alone. I have the exact same issue. I am using my Bose 700 with Surface Book 2 and I cannot hear anything when I am on Teams Meeting. Microphone seems to be working fine and other party is able to hear me. I can hear Youtube video and other Notification just fine

I do not have any other Bluetooth Adapter so i cannot test other scenario. On the other hand my Bose SoundSports works just fine with my Surface book 2. It seems the 700's Bluetooth connection with Teams is buggy. Please fix this

Thanks,

Swapnil

Swapnils
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hi mray,

I think there is issue with the product. I have the exact same issue. I am glad that I was able to find this thread. 700 headphone seems to have issues with Surface book 2. Surface book 2 and Bose 700 both are premium product and it should work out of the box. Why should we use external Bluetooth device when Surface Book 2 already has built in Bluetooth.

@mray wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. 

I tried all of those steps and my problem continued. 

However, I added an Insignia USB Bluetooth Adapter and so far it seems to be working correctly. 

I'm going to see how it goes with work on monday and if so, we'll call it good. 

@mray wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. 

I tried all of those steps and my problem continued. 

However, I added an Insignia USB Bluetooth Adapter and so far it seems to be working correctly. 

I'm going to see how it goes with work on monday and if so, we'll call it good. 

This has to be a bug and should be fixed by Bose. 

Thanks

Swapnil

Highlighted
subanp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Using bose 700 Headphones via bluetooth on windows 10 for calls

I've started using my headphones on my PC windows 10 latest updates for both listening to music and calls via Microsoft teams. When i start a call with a single person on Microsoft teams it works fine in headset mode on windows 10 for the first call, but then when i start a group call as a second call in headset mode i can't hear the anyone but the people on the other end can hear me. I used to use the bluetooth steel series headphones for the same thing and that worked completely fine. Sadly i'm tempted to return if i can't find a solution as i bought these for the purpose i could use for everything i use headphones for everyday.

Thanks

Re: Using bose 700 Headphones via bluetooth on windows 10 for calls

Hi Subanp, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would love to help you resolve this. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if this issue happens when you use any other kind of calls? I would recommend that you ensure that the headphones are running the latest software via the Bose updater as well as resetting the headphones. This can be performed via: 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

Please update me on the result of these steps. Could any other members of the community please let me know if they are also experiencing this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

subanp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Using bose 700 Headphones via bluetooth on windows 10 for calls

thanks Hector. I will try this again today after you instructions. When i take calls on my iphone it works fine. I thought it initially was to do with have 2 devices connected to the headphones, but even when it's just my laptop i had the same problem. My laptop is the surface book 2 in case that helps.

Thanks

Suban

qsbose
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Windows 10 and Bose 700

Hi All,

There seems to be lots of problems with Windows 10 & Bose 700s based on forums search. I just joined these forums because it keeps disconnecting when I am on Teams meeting.

My QC35  & B&O E8s are fine. 700's are fine with iPhone and MacBook.

Is there a solution to this? Ive done reset/pairing/reset Windows. etc.

I will retun for refund by Monday if no solution is found, I bought this for business and have consistancy during MS Teams Meetings.

Thanks,

Q

Re: Windows 10 and Bose 700

Hello qsbose,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with using your Noise Cancelling 700 headphones and your Microsoft Teams. Having just tested this within the office I am not experiencing any issues. Can I please take your: 

• Laptop make and model. 
  • The software version you are running of MS teams. (Free, paid, etc.)
  • How you are connecting the headphones to the laptop.

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support

Bjork
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I'm having the same issue with a Surface Laptop and Teams.

Hello Bjork, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Noise Cancelling 700 headphone and Microsoft teams. I would urge you to try all of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread. If you still continue to have these issues please can you let me know: 

• What software version is your Surface laptop running? 
  • Have you tested any other headphones with MS teams and the laptop? 
  • Have you tried using a cabled connection, if not please try this?

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Bjork
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

The laptop is running Windows 10 1903. OS Build 18362.175

The previous headphones I've been using for over a year with the exact same setup and no trouble is the Bose QC35.

I thought that using a cabled connection turns off the mic? Is this not the case?