Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

+1 to Bjork post

There is definitely a compatibility issue with Surface book 2. I can confirm following facts that I experienced during my short usage

1) Youtube/Web audio works fine

2) Bluetooth microphone works in teams

3) Bluetooth audio/speaker doesn't work. It only worked once for me till date.

4) Unpairing/Rebooting doesn't help.

5) when wired, audio/speaker works but microphone used is from laptop

6) I have Bose Soundsport and it works flawlessly with Teams on Surface book 2

I would like to reiterate Bjork's comments

"What I like is for Bose support staff to test this themself and confirm/deny whether there is a known issue with Surface devices and the Bose NC 700 so that I can return the product within the return window"

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Windows 10 and Bose 700

Hi @Hector_B , just out of interest what version of Windows 10 did you use and what application did you use for the call? Also by the looks of things there's quite a lot of people experiencing the same issue. I use the headphones everyday and still within the 30 days of purchase. Do you think i should just return the headphones if they have no use on Windows 10 as for others. Are you able to test via calling me through some form?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

also as someone suggested above, other headphones work fine except the bose 700. Even the bose QC35 work fine accroding another person's test. my steel series bluetooth headphones also work perfectly fine

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

I'm having similar issues with a Surface Pro 4 and Surface Laptop 2 and calling with the Bose 700.

Things I've noticed.

When using the "Headset" Hands-Free AG Audio Microphone/Recording (input) you must use "Headset" Hands-Free AG Playback Device (output).

The issue I'm experiencing is when Windows 10 switches from ANY playback device TO the "Headset" Hands-Free AG Audio Playback Device.

50% of the time when selecting Headset, it will transfer the audio to the Headset, 40% of the time when I select Headset it will be silent and 10% of the time it will have weird robotic garble.

You can test this out as well.  Play music from any source.  Change playback device by left clicking the sound icon on the task bar and changing between the Surface Speakers (Realtek?), Bose Headphones (NC700 Stereo) and Bose Headset (Hands-Free AG Audio).

other things to note... switching between bose headphones and surface speaker is seamless.

would this be a driver issue? bluetooth issue? bose issue? windows 10 issue? Surface issue?

another note, I have an HP desktop PC with bluetooth and it works perfectly.

Hi Subanp, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

I used Microsoft Teams. If you are seeking a call regarding this issue I would recommend that you reach out to our support team as this isn't something that I would be able to do, if you feel that your headphones aren't working as they should be then I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for adding your feedback AYC.

The reason you have to use the "Headset" mode when using the microphone is because of bandwidth limitations of Bluetooth. That's normal and to be expected.

I'll also add that the problem doesn't necessarily just happen when switching modes. I've been in a call with the NC 700 in Teams, with NO other devices paired to the headphones, and then partway into the call the audio output to the headphones just stopped.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

I am experiencing a similar issue. I cannot make successful calls in applications like Microsoft Teams, FusionWorks UC One, or ;GoTo Meeting. People can hear me, but I can't hear them when it set it the audio device to the headset device, or I can hear them and they can't hear me when I set the audio source to the headphones device. Things worked fine with a QC 35. It did work once or twice and then stopped.

My computer is a Dell OptiPlex 7020 running Windows 10. I am using an Avantree DG40S USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Dongle. I have am firmware 1.1.4. I have removed and readded both the headphones and the dongle many times.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for your input. Sounds like the issue extends beyond just Surface devices. The "headset" mode of the headphones seems to be having some issues in Windows 10.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hello Forum Moderators,

Any update on this issue. Can you please acknowledge issues reported and provide some updates 

Thanks

Swapnil

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues, specifically when using the headphones with a computer. 

I'd like to encourage you to read through our main post HERE that contains some useful information. This relates specifically to pairing devices via Bluetooth to computers and we discuss the magnitude of minute nuances that come with this territory. 

Should you still be experiencing issues, please do share here within this thread. The more information provided, the better. We'd be interested to know is it specifically the audio or microphone you're experiencing issues with, any other applications you've attempted to use, if you've ever been able to successfully use the headphones for the call as intended, or if you specifically experience issues when receiving notifications or other alerts/variables happen within the application.

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.