Swapnils
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

Hi Andy B,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried all tips and tricks listed in the post and also tried the ones not listed in there. In my specfic case (Surface Book 2 with Windows 1903 build), Issue is with Hands-Free AG Audio. I cannot use the Bose 700 NC for any commication apps. I thought that the issue was limite to Teams but that doesnt seem to be the case. I cannot use it for other web applications like

• Gmail Call
  • Google Voice
  • Hangouts
  • Teams

When i test Handsfree AG from Sound manager, i do not hear anything

Annotation 2019-07-22 131529.jpg

On the other hand Headphone stereo works just fine for playing web videos and getting windows notification. 

My driver is up-to-date and I have also tried other driver version available through driver update option (all four driver options below)

Annotation 2019-07-22 131941.jpg

As i mentioned earlier, I have Bose SoundSport too and there is no issue with that device on my Surface Book 2. So I am very much sure that Handsfree AG protocol has issues.

Has your engineering team tried replicating this issue on Suface Book 2? Suface Book 2 has unified firmware and driver update and I am 100% sure this issue can be very easy replicated on that machine. I am happy to provide more details if you want but again, this has to be looked deeper into. Just basic troubleshooting will help if there is compatibility issue with Bluetooth Chipset

Thanks

Swapnil

subanp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Windows 10 and Bose 700

Hi @Hector_B ,

thanks. i got in contact with customer service via whatsapp and they asked me to do everything you told me to do with resetting the device etc and as a result told me to exchange or return the device. LOL!!! 

So basically Bose don't look into resolving bugs reported by users. That's good to know. I'm sure the CEO of Bose would probably not want to see this thread. i'm not quite sure why i was advised to go to customer service? was it to do the exact same thing and then be told i can get a refund or exchange?

Thanks

Suban

Hello Subnap, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I can assure you that we do look into bugs that our users report, and take these concerns very seriously. But whilst we look into these buds and assess them, Customer Services will always offer you an alternative option as they do not expect customers to want wait whilst we look into bugs, as this can cause dissatisfaction with our products. 

On this issue, whilst we on the Communities team have not been able to replicate it, we are in conversation with a few users privately to gain more information and send it to the engineering team to be looked into further. 

I am sorry if the options offered at this moment in time were not satisfactory to you. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W 

madcow
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I am also having issues using windows 10.

I only seem to get this when using Teams for work (phone calls seem ok)

Microsoft Surface Pro

Connecting via bluetooth.

It will work for a minute then start breaking up (sounds like you are underwater) then it all goes quiet.

Aftab.3@gnail.com
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I am having the same issue as discussed below. Can you please test out the Bose nc700 with surface book in your lab !! This cannot be expected from a $400 headphone. Never had this problem with any of my previous headphones. If that is an actually issue, just let us know!! The fact that we keep facing failures with calls is not funny. These are business calls and equipment needs to be reliable!! If that is not the case please let us know. This hardware is not cheap . Most of all we cannot afford to be unprofessional on our calls by keep bad communication issues. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING. PLEASE SHOW SOME Customer obsession.

Hello Community, 

Thank you very much for providing us with this information, we are so sorry to see that you have been experiencing this issue with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

We suggest in trying all the troubleshooting which has already been provided within this thread to help see if this helps resolve this issue. 

Although we do not have a Surface Book in to test this set up on, we have tested using the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 with Microsoft Teams, we can confirm on our end we have not experienced issues with this. 

I would urge customers to attempt using Microsoft Teams with a different device if you have one available to test this out. 

Please let us know your results, we want to do what we can to get this resolved for our users and the more information and results we have, we can action on this to help find a resolution. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Bjork
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Tegan_M wrote:

I would urge customers to attempt using Microsoft Teams with a different device if you have one available to test this out. 

Hi Tegan, thanks for the response. I think the problem here is that we aren't claiming that Teams doesn't work well on another device. Testing this isn't helpful. The ask has been that Bose confirm/deny whether or not the Bose NC 700 are compatible with being used as a headset for the Surface family of devices.

Again, I can stream Youtube/Music to my Surface Laptop just fine. There are all sorts of problems that begin to happen when you attempt to use the headphones in "headset" mode.

What we need your team to do is get a newer Surface device, whether that's a Surface Pro, Surface Book, or Surface Laptop probably isn't super important -- and TEST it. Then, come back to this thread and report your results. Please don't do a 3 minute call and certify that everything worked, the issue doesn't always manifest itself immediately.

The messaging that we are all looking for in this thread is that you plan on doing this, and then will respond to all interested parties with an official stance from Bose on compatibility with Surface devices and the NC 700. That's it.

Hello all, 

We completely understand how frustrating this is and due to the number of reports of compatibility issues between the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and your Surface devices/other computers, we would like to raise this with our engineering team. In order to do this, we will need as much information as possible. Please could you get back to us with the following:

• Summary of issue
  • Country of residence
  • Firmware version of the headphones
  • Device Model/OS and Firmware
  • Sources affected

We greatly appreciate your participation and look forward to moving towards finding a solution to this problem. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

MCSounds
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I have the same issue with a Surface Pro 6 and the issue affects Teams and Skype for Business. Honestly, the problem is probably with all calling apps on similar devices.

Highlighted
Martin Frenette
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Same disappointing experience on Surface Laptop 1 AND 2 with TEAMS... 

First day, all my colleagues at work were curious about my BOSE NC 700...

Now, they are laughing while I'm disconnecting them to take all my MS TEAMS call...

• Summary of issue: No sounds but Microphone ok with "Bose NC 700 HP Hands-Free"/ Sounds ok but no microphone with "Bose NC 700 HP Stereo " -- Works fine with following headset - Jaybird X3 and Sennheiser Momentum M2
  • Country of residence : Canada
  • Firmware version of the headphones :1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b
  • Device Model/OS and Firmware : Surface Laptop 1 and 2
  • Sources affected : TEAMS