Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2019

Re: Using bose 700 Headphones via bluetooth on windows 10 for calls

Very usefull answer

thank again and sorry if you don’t understand my words- you know I have not your knowledge

Be indulgent with poor mind people like me 😉

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Suffering from all the connectivity issues on my surface book (generation 1) and pc telephony that is not working I came accross device manager and checked for updated driver for my marvell bluetooth adapter, which obviously is making lots of troubles with Bose Headphones NC700. And to my surprise, there was a driver update availalbe although this driver is not pushed over windows update. Today, I've found this article:

https://www.neowin.net/news/older-surface-devices-get-driver-updates-to-address-connectivity-issues

The updates are available on machines running Windows 10 version 1903 or newer, and mostly target issues with wireless connectivity. The Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro (2017), Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 1 and 2, and Surface Book are all getting these two updates

And know I really hope that things are going to improve. I will test the new bluetooth driver during the next days.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Has anyone received this update? I am on insider version of windows on my Surface book 2 and even then i have not recieved this yet.

@mastaCH Were you able to update your system with latest firmware and test this? 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

@Swapnilsyes, as written in my previous comment, i got the update over "device manager" by choosing the bluetooth adapter, right-click and then select "update driver".

This brought the following driver version to my system: 15.68.17015.112

Driver date: 09.08.2019

And yes, I could do some rough tests. But in the meantime the incompetent bose developers released the new nc700 firmware 1.3.1 which got installed automatically. And it seems that it makes things even worse again.

As I am mostly conferencing with my clients, I can not test pc telephony a lot as they would go crazy. I had a teams call with one of my employees and can provide the following infos / result from that call:

1. Setup in prior to the call is a pain. Although nc700 is connected over bluetooth with my windows10 and device settings in teams are correct, I can not hear the voice of the lady provided in teams test call functionality (settings - devices - make a test call). Either i hear nothing or it sounds robotic, so no chance to understand anything.
  2. I suppose that it helps when you switch the audio device in the task bar to "Headset Earphone (Hands-Free AG Audio)".
  3. If test call still doesn't work: disconnect nc700 in win bluetooth settings and connect again. After, ensure again in the task bar, that "Headset Earphone (Hands-Free AG Audio)" is selected.
  4. Once test call works, start your teams call and pray!

Results:

After having an active call for around 10-12 Minutes with my emloyee, the audio output in nc700 just disappeared. I could "restore" it without having to end or restart the call by going to teams device settings and switching audio output device to "speaker" and then back again to Headset Earphone (Hands-Free AG Audio). So i lost some seconds of the call, but could continue.

After another 10 minutes, the same bloody sh.. happend again. And i could fix it again bei switching audio output to "speaker" and back to "Headset Earphone (Hands-Free AG Audio)"

For the last 40 minutes of the call, everything stayed stable.

So, it's still pretty **bleep**ty and embarrassing for bose. But before, I've never managed to keep a working audio connection for more than 10 Minutes in an active call.

Of course, I will do some more testings. But on the other hand, I am pretty sure that it will not help any further and that a viable workaround will not be found as long as Bose does not address these issues in their firmware.

@bose: isn't it bizarre? You don't care about this issue although it must have a huge negative impact on both your revenue and your brand image. So many customers just have returned your flagship high-end product. The web is full of negative criticism. And disappointed customers are spreading the word in their networks. Same with me. Whoever asks me about my nc700 experience my only answer is: Hands off!

Now you have released the new firmware 1.3.1 and the few things that worked almost perfectly on former firmware versions now are buggy on the new firmware. I now also have lots of issues when my nc700 is connected to my android mobile device. Cracklings, robotic voice, ... it's just a piece of **bleep**.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

I'm experiencing the exact same issues as previously described.

Device: Microsoft Surface Laptop 2

Bluetooth: Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter, Version: 15.68.9125.57

As you can tell by my version number, the update of the driver hasn't been pushed to my device yet. I can't find the driver online either, so I can't test if this solves it for me.

As a workaround to make calls on MS Teams or any other calling application, I have to repeatedly deselect and select the NC700's in the device settings until I hear something. With every call I have to make apologies that my headset isn't decently working. 

It saddens me that Bose fails to provide any decent communication around this topic that obviously affects many customers and that has been going on since the beginning of August. If moderators are still looking at this post, could you please provide us with a method to escalate this issue?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I have the latest firmware, driver 15.68.17013.110 on surface laptop 2 and still have exactly the same issues. Have to change away from using bose in Teams and change back, it works for a few minutes then dies again. 

The drivers are at https://microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57515 but make no difference for me.

Get it sorted Bose! My £12 USB headset is far superior! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Hi Guys,

I have the same issues (Teams, not hearing the other party but they hear me just fine), with my NC700, latest firmware (tried resetting too). This is using my Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Win 10 1903.

It used to work fine and it does work fine with my old Dell PC with different BT hardware and an older windows version. Please Bose - fix this!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

Microsoft has announced a new BT driver and has been pushing it slowly since November 2019 but I haven't received it yet.

So I decided to download the latest driver manually. Things got a lot better but I CAN NOT say it's a seamless experience. I need further testing with long calls.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

thanks Alobaid M. Let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Bad news, it's not fixed.

At first, I could switch between normal and Hands-Free audio seamlessly. So I switched to Hands-free mode, opened a video stream, and joined a discord call. Everything went fine for 2 hours. But the day after, I couldn't do a call for 2 minutes without the sound being cut and sound drivers stop responding.

Note that the driver I downloaded isn't the one that Microsoft is pushing. I couldn't find their version.

May the official driver from Microsoft fix it. Or Bose firmware IDK whose problem is this.