Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

Also want to support this thread, since this has been an issue since the 700s were launched. Bose, I was willing to cut you some slack for the first few months since this is a new product, but you're coming up on 12 months+ that this has been an issue. Also, since you've announced that you're going to be launching "Teams Certified" 700s, I hope you have this figured out soon. 

Here's my setup if you'd like to get in touch:

Surface Book 2

Windows 10 1909

Teams Version 1.3.00.8403

Bose Firmware: Version 1.3.1

I also use Plantronics Focus Headphones and Plantronics Legend headset, and they work great with Teams and my computer. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

I'm kind-of worried at this point, since they've gone silent for months, that there is a known HW bug with these things they have no intention of correcting.  It wouldn't be hard to duplicate the issue, so assume there's a good chance they have and know what it is.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

I found the issue on my end; it's being connected two devices at once - phone and surface. Surface volume will not work sporadically when both are connected. Once I turn off blue tooth on the phone, the PC (Teams, Skype, Spotify), start working again. It is a little bit of a pain, but not unbearable, as when I need on the phone again I just re-enable Bluetooth and it picks right back up. So problem, yes - but probably will not return due to this issue. The reason being is that the microphones are so good at blocking out background noise and this functionality is greatly needed as I am working from home these days.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Turning the phone bluetooth helps audio stability but does not solve the problem for most people. The audio will still cut out on conference calls. What surface are you using? if it is SL3 it has BT5.0 so may not have the problem the rest of us are referring to.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

I am using a Surface Pro 4. I have had the 700's for about a week. Several times it cut out on conference calls, mid call - the other recipients could hear me but I could not here them. Previously I would have to unpair everything and then reestablish connection. I figured out yesterday, if I unpair the phone, the connection with the phone reestablishes on its own and appears to hold the connection/sound. Not sure if its a different issue but I read this entire thread a few nights ago and did sound similar. Also even thought this works for me, its still an issue that should be fixed as the headphones are supposed to pair with two devices simultaneously.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I have a windows 10 surface pro. i previously used the quiet comfort 35s for all my zoom and teleconference calls without issue. I just bought the 700s because of working from home and the sound quality is inconsistent with the 700s. sometimes the microphone doesnt connect to the computer so i unpair and then re pair and restart the computer if needed. that seems to work. 

But the audio i hear is static sometimes and will cut in and out. i have to disconnect and use my computer speakers, which defeats the purpose of buying these 400$ headphones. 

I've removed the device, removed all other audio devices paired via bluetooth and then reconnected the 700s, nothing seems to work. the audio will work for maybe 20 minutes and then cut out. The other person can still hear me through the mic but i can't hear them. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

I can't read those useless answers from Bose anymore... There are so many people having problems with so many Windows 10 devices, especially Surface products. And you always ask the same useless questions.

Tell us if you for once tested one of the scenarios descriped. Get a Surface Pro4, Pro6 or Surface Book 2 and finally test it!

But instead you just offer "new" NC700UC. "Certified" for MS Teams... The NC700's you sold to all of us should work with our Windows 10 devices in the first place. A lot of us bought them to be able to participate in calls but it is just not working.

And you don't give a f... and just launch a "new" product with USB dongle.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Has BOSE provided the solution for this? Bose itself suggested this thread as a solution to the problem but I could not find the ultimate solution here. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

DO NOT BUY A NC700 if you use a Surface Book 2, Surface Pro 6. If you read this - yo uprobably ran into errors, RETURN IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN. Bose is completely silent on this issue and has so far not said anything. Many people just sold their Bose 700 and got a different headphone. 

I cannot use my Bose 700 with my Surface Pro 6 however it works perfectly well with my Surface Go - it surely is not rocket science - there is either a hardware incompatibility with the bluetooth chip used in specific Microsoft Hardware that might or might not be solved in a new driver.

It would just take BOSE to come out of their hiding and just explain what the issue is and if it is fixable or NOT. If not - it happens but you need to tell your customers - I am done with Bose thanks to this abysmal support. I love these heapdhones they work amazingly well - just not on my main PC and the BOSE does not care to update people who shelled out their hard earned money for it.

It wouldn't take much to tell customers: We have an issue with the XXXXX chipset and hence the Bose NC700 cannot be used on devices with this chipset. End of story. 

My next headphone for conference calls will be a Sony. Once they figure out how to better their microphone with the next version of their WH1000XM4 (whenever that comes out) - I will kick the NC700 and get a Sony. Recommend you all do the same unless we hear anything else than silence from BOSE.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020