Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

The broadcom dongle is discussed in this thread also; it makes it better, but still not great.  And unlike what's said in the other thread, I still find I can't connect my phone (v35+) and the sb2 at the same time. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Just found this post on reddit which was interesting, as it shows that using the Jabra 370 adapter makes it much more stable. Also the poster noted Bose will be coming out with an adapter sold separately but also packaged with the "conference call" (UC) version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/fdc4z1/nc_700_with_jabra_link_370_usb_adapter_testing/

Bose has a page setup for the UC version:

https://pro.bose.com/en_us/products/conferencing/headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones-700-conferen...

Since this will be sold as a separate product I think you can be confident that the issue with the surface bluetooth chips will not be resolved by Bose.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

The static issue does happen with all forms of audio on my microsoft surface

the same issue does not happen on my iphone

However, i am unable to delete the pair list on my 700s after turning the unit off and then pressing the power/bluetooth button for over 20 seconds, it does not say unpairing. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

As a courtesy, I hope they provide this adapter as free for the folks who bought this last year during launch. Otherwise Here goes another $50 for the adapter. sigh!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

I have a NC 700. It is connected to Windows 10. It has been updated to the current version. I need to have it work with Skype for Business and Teams. With the device selected in the software, they hear me, but I can't hear them.  What am I missing?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Any updates about availability of the new USB connector ?

I've just purchased Bose 700 NC headphones and they didn't work correctly with my surface laptop and Teams for conf-call. And it is my 1st and unique usage .... 

I'm wondering to send them back to switch to another brand...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Honestly, this is saddest thread that i have ever seen. Only frustrated users and no moderators from Bose. All research are being done by end users and Bose reps is quitely enjoying our pain and frustration. 

At least someone from Bose support or moderator on this forums should reply and clear out customer doubts..

Hello Bose Community moderators, Support reps, Are you there?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Send them back as soon as possible and refer to this thread if they ask why. 

It saves you the burden of horrible connectivity issues, the pitiful support and the extra cost they will charge for purchasing the UC dongle...

As a suggestion: look for Jabra or Plantronics headsets if your primary use is conf calls.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Unfortunately i have had this headphones since launch June 2019. Also it was a gift so I dont even have the receipt. So I am stuck with this bad product for eternity  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

Same issue with Surface Pro 4, and with Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts/Meets. etc. All latest drivers installed. Running Windows 10 update 1903. 

Using "Headset" output, and using Skype audio test (in settings), sometimes the audio is heard (4 of 10?), sometimes it is not (5 of 10?), and few times I hear interference noise (1 of 10?). I can keep clicking, and it will randomly go one of these three ways.  

- If I DISABLE the "HEADSET" feature (e.g. in Settings > Sound > Manage Sound Devices > Disable it into both Input & Output devices), so Bluetooth shows "Connected music" (not voice).. Then it works well via the  "HEADPHONES" option. I can reproduce this consistently.

This partially solves the issue but it is still INCONVENIENT, as I need to stay in front of the laptop to use its microphone. 

- When HEADSET is enabled (Bluetooth connected to Voice), sound NEVER works when I choose HEADPHONES audio. HEADSET works randomly as above

Please help.