Highlighted

Re: Windows 10 and Bose 700

Hello mastaCH, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue and would highly recommend trying the troubleshooting mentioned on this thread here to resolve your issues. 

If you have tried all troubleshooting steps and still experience issues, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and talk this issue through with them. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
mastaCH
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

I can confirm this for a 100% on my surface notebook (generation 1). It got nothing to do with teams. It also happens with webex, skype4business, zoom, and so on. In my case I fiddled out how to at least get it working in prior to a call, but after some minutes sound gets robotic or disappears entirely. In one call session I've just waited for some minutes and the sound came back. After another minute it went forerver..

Highlighted
saurabhrai
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Any suggestions on which good noise cancelling headset works well on  Surface  device  for making webex  and other calls . Kindly advice . 

Highlighted
saurabhrai
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Any idea  which other device  with good noise cancelling works  beter on windows  10 . Need to buy another one 

Highlighted
mastaCH
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

@saurabhraias far as I know the surface headphones are the only one besides bose that also support noise cancellation during calls for you and your call participants. As the surface headphones are first generation devices and reviews were full of issues, I decided to by the bose 700. was the wrong decision....

Highlighted
saurabhrai
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Thanks A Lot  how about Jabra or Sennheiser or evenBose  QC  35 

Highlighted
NickDrouin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

@saurabhrai :  Jabra Evolve 75, is what I returned to.

ANC is not good on planes, but call clarify is great.  It is Skype certified.

Highlighted
orts
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

For me, the issue seems to has something to do with the Mic setting of the 700's

Changing to a different Mic on teams sometimes solves the issue, even if you go back to the headphones Mic afterward

Highlighted
Ashley_UK
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

If it helps, this is how I resolved the issue on my Surface Book running latest windows and drivers, although not the best solution in many ways, it worked for me.

I wanted to listen to music and have it mute when a call is received via Skype or our SIP softphone system.

After a lot of investigation, it was obvious the limitation is either the Headset or the Bluetooth drivers on the Surface (In my case a Surface Book i5)

It appeared to be a Windows/Surface issue as the drivers cannot switch between the Stereo Headphones and the Headset with Mic reliability and at the right time. You can do it easily on a mobile phone.

To resolve I did the following:

1. Uninstalled the headphones totally from Windows 10
  2. Disabled the Built in “Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter” in Device manager
  3. Rebooted the Surface, which removed a lot more Bluetooth items from the Device Manager.
  4. Installed an old cheap external USB Bluetooth adapter I had kicking about into the surface docking station.
  5. Paired the Bose’s to the computer again.

I now have installed:

Headphones (Bose 700) Sound only

Headset (Bose 700) Voice and sound.

When I select the app configured to use the Heasdset (SIP Phone / Skype) the music playing on the Headphones is muted and the Headset takes over. Cortana even works from the button on the headset. (although the statement “Cortana works” is a bit of a mis-statement, but it tries to listen)

Hope this helps, its not the best solution, but at least so far it has worked reliably for me. I had tried other NC Bluetooth headsets and had similar issues, which I could not resolve.

P.s Also had a lot of issues generally with quality of playback, which the above resolved as well.

Hope this helps.

Ashley

Highlighted
kalairajk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

+1 I have the exact same issue on Surface book 2. On Teams calls, the audio stops suddenly, and most of the time people on the other side cannot hear me when I enter the call. I have to switch back and forth between PC speakers, and Bose NC 700, to be able to hear the audio and to speak through the headphones.