Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

Hi everyone,

I am happy to be able to let you know, in case you missed it, that we released a new firmware version (1.4.12) for the Noise Cancelling 700s today that includes an update for use for video conferencing. You can see the full post for the release here.

Please check out the update and let us know what you think by commenting in the thread! We would love to know how it is working for you.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

My experience so far has been much better; hopefully able to use my headphones reliably on meetings, now.  Initial results quite promising.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

I have updated to the new 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 firmware this morning. So far have had 2 x MS Teams calls, and 1 x Zoom call without any of the previous random disconnection issues apparent.

So the Bluetooth stability has improved in my case. For reference, my laptop hardware is a Surface Book v1 with Marvell WiFi/BT hardware.

So a very positive step on that front.

The Bose Music app running on a Samsung Note 10+ is still problematic, taking several attempts to connect to the headset, even when it's obviously available and connected to the phone. This app still needs significant work, being the likely first port of call for someone that has just purchased the Bose NC700 headphones.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Just Upgraded the Device firmware. Microsoft Teams device setup was also successful. Tried 3 test call and all three test passed.

Looks Positive so far. I will check tomorrow in Teams meeting and provide feedback. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

@Anne_S 

Thank you for the post, 

I have to say I'm really happy that the new update finally seems to fix the most urgent issues with the headset. However, due to the lack of communication about it, there was a considerable amount of frustration that was built up in the forum (it was 7 months since the last firmware update), could you please in the future communicate with us more frequently what you are working on and an approximate timeline of new firmware releases? from our point of view, many of us had lost all hope that there would ever be a fix to these problems!

thanks again,

BR

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Just updated firmware and clearly it's better... I can use Teams with no trouble.

But I have a question : I have purchased the JABRA dongle to use with Bose 700 headphones.

Could you confirm which configuration has the better sound (and mic) with Teams (or other video-conf app) :

- Bose 700 directly linked to notebook => Teams is through Hand-Free AG Audio

- Bose 700 linked to Jabra dongle => Teams is through Jabra Stereo

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

I updated my headset with the new firmware last night. So far today I've had 2 Teams calls and no random disconnects or any issue. So far so good, but I want to let a few days apss before I draw any conclusions.

However Bose, as commented previously the complete lack of information is more harmful than the bug itself. I was on the verge of spending lots of money on a senneheiser headset when this update dropped out of the blue, and being held completely in the dark on any attempts from your end to resolve the issue is a very serious matter! In my honest opinion you should try to improve your communication to your customers, especially on matters like this. Any information is better than no information. I hope you will take my comment into consideration. Thank you.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

After using my nc700 for around 4 hours on my surface book for MS Teams calls and listening to spotify I can confirm that most of my issues re pairing, connecting, pc telephony and listening to music are solved with the latest firmware.

But: Besides Boses firmware update I also got new (bluetooth) drivers for my surface book last week. So I can't really say what exactly fixed my issues.

After the firmware update yesterday evening i have paired my device again with my surface book. Also here, a completely new experience. Only one device to choose (LE Profile not appearing anymore) and setup of device without any issues or interruptions. 

Last but not least: I have detached my additinal bluetooth dongle (known as workaround with surface books as built in bluetooth chipset was not well supported by Bose). Now I am using the surface built-in bluetooth chipset.

Feedback to Bose: It seems that you have fixed a lot of issues in May 2020 which should have been fixed already in June 2019 - BEFORE you push such an expensive product on the market. I had around 10 months of frustration and disappointment with this product.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

After 11 month of soul crushing follow ups and comments on the forum... my 1st successful Teams call on Surface Book 2 with Bose 700. It was a 30mins call but went without any issue.

I will test for another week so that I can share concrete feedback. Hopefully there are no more audio issues 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

How's everyone getting on with the firmware update?

It solved most stability issues for me on my SL2. Every so often (maybe 2-3 times only since the update) they will suddenly turn off mid-call, almost like they encounter an error and shut down. I restarted them and it was fine.

Then today, they shut down again mid-call, and when I went to turn them on again, got the dreaded red and white blinking LED. Completely bricked, the "reset" (what a joke this reset is) doesn't work and neither does running Bose update on windows or charging them. I shipped them back to Bose for a warranty replacement unit.

Anyone run into a similar issue?