dude15000
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Windows 10 and Bose 700

I'm having the same issues accross the board.. Zoom meetings, Teams, GotoMeeting, WebEx... on Surface Book 2 connected via bluetooth.  Sometimes things works, more often they dont'.  

This is really unacceptable for a $400 'headset'.  Will be returning.

subanp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Using bose 700 Headphones via bluetooth on windows 10 for calls

Hi,

I've tried everything suggested by bose and still experiencing the same issue i'm afraid.

Thanks

Suban

subanp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Hi @Vicky_W ,

Have you tested in a multiple calls

• a one to one call
  • a group call

Maybe you need to do a few of these

Maybe in your tests you could try one of the following scenarios

• have at least 2 devices connected
  • listen to music on your laptop and then switch into a call
  • listen to music on your laptop, have a call, switch to playing something from your phone, take a call on your phone and then take a call on your laptop.

The symptoms seem to be mostly around me not being able to hear the other person whilst in headset mode.

Hope this helps with reproducing the bug.

• Laptop make and model : Microsoft Surface Book 2
  • The software version you are running of MS teams. (Free, paid, etc.): Version 1.0 the full version
  • How you are connecting the headphones to the laptop.: they are connected via microsoft's built in bluetooth

Thanks

Suban

Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls

Hello Bjork,

Thanks for getting back in touch, an auxiliary cable connection will allow you to hear audio from the source, but audio data from the microphone will not be transmitted with this wired connection.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

[Moderator revision]

Hello Subanp, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

I have tested the below and not been able to reproduce the issue.  A one to one call/ group call - It worked fine, no audio issues on my end, the caller was not able to hear behind and we have a rather loud office. I also tested the music and call scenario and it worked correctly using youtube. Amongst other tests the headphones performed correctly. 

I will pass this feedback onto our development team for you and would recommend that you get in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that in my testing I wasn't able to replicate this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Bjork
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hi Zoe, I tried as you suggested just now and the microphone is not active in Windows when the headset is on and plugged into the headphone jack of the laptop.

The only microphone available to use is the internal microphone of the laptop, not the Bose headphones.

Hello Bjork, 

Thanks for adding your input from your experience. 

Can you please remove the headphones and attempt to set them up with the computer again? From your description, it sounds like the setup may not have been fully successful, so some features appear to be missing. 

Another user mentioned that using an external Bluetooth USB dongle helped resolve the issue, so there may be some product incompatibilities with the built-in Bluetooth chip for the Surface. 

Kindest,

Jeff G 

Bjork
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply.

Can you do me a favor and show me, using a screenshot, exactly what the device settings screen in Microsoft Teams is supposed to look like when using the headphone with microphone via a wired connection? I noticed earlier in the thread that Liam did so in reply to another post. When I have the Bose NC 700 plugged in to the Surface Laptop this is what I see in the drop down box for Microphone:

Annotation 2019-07-18 145809.jpg

The audio output is certainly coming through the headphones fine when plugged into the laptop, but the microphone is using the internal mic, not the headphone mic -- which as you can see is not available to be selected.

I've also completely unpaired, rebooted both devices, and then repaired the headphones to the laptop.

EDIT: and one more ask, I noticed earlier in the thread that Liam stated this:

"4) If you connect your headset to your computer via the AUX cable and listen to the test call, are you able to hear the audio from the test call? Please note that the microphone will not work when connected via AUX, but you would be able to confirm that the headset works with your version of Teams."

Can you explain the discrepancy between your advice and his statement?

Hello Bjork, 

Firstly, I'd like to sincerely apologize for any confusion that has been caused by this matter. 

To clarify, when using a wired connection, the microphone built-in to the headphones will not be active. You can still listen to audio, but as you have found in your circumstance, the internal microphone of your Surface Pro will remain in use. The microphone from the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 will only be active when the connection is made via Bluetooth. 

I'm truly sorry for any misinformation provided and I hope this clears things up for you. 

If you have any further questions, please do get back to us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Bjork
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hi Charlotte, thanks for clearing things up.

I'd like to return to the actual issue, which remains.

Using the bluetooth connection to a Surface device with the intent of using it as a headset/mic for Microsoft Teams meetings is flakey and broken.

The problem is not necessarily immediate and the call may work fine for some time. There also may be a difference in whether or not the problem exists in one on one direct calls vs an actual Teams meeting -- but I can confirm the problem DEFINITELY exists in an actual Teams meeting. Unfortunately it's difficult for me to test the different circumstances fully as I'm trying to use these for work meetings and can't afford for the call to be interrupted.

What I'd like is for Bose support staff to test this themself and confirm/deny whether there is a known issue with Surface devices and the Bose NC 700. If the problem is as Jeff suggested a fundamental incompatibility with the Marvell bluetooth chip used in the Surface line and the new Bose headphones -- I'd like to have this information while still within my return window.

I'd like to reiterate that I've been using this exact setup for over a year with my Bose QC35 with zero reliability issues.

Thanks.