Re: Cannot hear calls on 700 NC on Surface Book 2 with Microsoft Teams Calls
OK - so here's what's working for me.
The aforementioned bluetooth dongle.
But - in order for it to install correctly I had to disable the onboard bluetooth device. So steps are:
1. Buy a bluetooth dongle.
2. Before you install the dongle, open device manager, locate the onboard device controller, and disable it.
> Mine was called Marvell AVSTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter.
4. After the reboot, log in and confirm that the onnboard adapter stayed disabled. If this thing comes back online, your onboard controller may prevent the dongle from operating.
5. Verify that the dongle installed. In the device manager it shows as **Micro size USB to Bluetooth Dongle**. On previous attempts, it had a warning by it and an error code 10. After disabling the onboard and rebooting, there was no such error.
6. Reboot - with the dongle installed.
7. After this my headphones didn't automagically connect, so I had to open the bluetooth manager, and pair the device again.
Here's a picture of my device manager.
So - honestly - it's a little frustrating to have to do this - but I'm not sure if I should blame Bose or the PC manufacturer. Once it connects it sounds fan-tastic. I do wish I could get the $20.00 back from someone for the cost of the dongle... but I'll abide... like the dude.
Not a Robot