wehokev
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Cannot pair my NC 700 with Samsung Series 8 (2017) TV

I have two Samsung Series 8 TVs. I have tried to pair my brand new NC 700s to both and neither worked. The TVs see the headphones when they are in pairing mode. When I select the NC 700 headphones from the list on the TV, a button appears in the TV interface to connect and pair. I click the button with the TV remote and then wait. Eventually the error message on the TV:

Cannot connect to Bose NC 700 Headphones. Check and make sure that it's turned on.

After which, I cannot pair the headphones. Any help?

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Cannot pair my NC 700 with Samsung Series 8 (2017) TV

Hi wehokev,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty connecting your NC Headphones 700 to your Samsung TV. 

My first recommendation would be to clear the pairing list on your headphones. You can do this by holding the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on any previously connected device, please remove/forget the headphones from the Bluetooth device list. Now, please try to connect the headphones to your TV again. 

Additionally, please ensure that your headphones are running the latest firmware version. This can be done by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer. 

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

wehokev
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

I cleared the list using the Bluetooth button on the headphones.  I was then able to pair both Samsung TVs. Unfortunately, with the TVs paired, I could not pair the headphones with my three Apple devices (iPhone, MacBook Pro, and iPad.)

I cleared the list again and was able to repair my Apple devices.  Of course, once I did that, I could not pair with the TVs.  

According to the iOS Bose Music app, the firmware version is 1.1.4-1144+be3bf4b for the headphones.

I couldn't update the firmware using btu.bose.com because macOS Safari is not supported.

Any other ideas?

Hello wehokev,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with connectivity just in the reverse! 

I am more than happy to help you out with this today, looking into this it does appear that your headphones are not running the latest software which is v1.2.11. I understand you are not able to use the updater with Safari, are you able to use another browser or another computer with either Internet Explorer or Firefox installed to run through the update process on btu.bose.com?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

wehokev
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

I was able to update the firmware or using a different computer. Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I could not pair the headphones with the TV.

Hello wehokev, 

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming this. 

I just want to clarify the scenario that you are intending to complete. You can only have two devices actively paired with the headphones at the same time. By pairing the additional devices, these will sit in the paired device list. Are you not able to achieve this?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

wehokev
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

The only way I can get the Samsung TV to pair is if the list of remembered devices is completely clear of all other devices.  Once I pair the TVs, I cannot add my three Apple devices.  If I clear the list of remembered pair devices, I can then add the three Apple devices, but, then Samsung TVs won't pair.  

Hello wehokev,

Ok, thanks for clarifying this.

Are you receiving any errors during this process, or will the headphones simply not show under discoverable devices? 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

wehokev
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

The TV sees the headphones. But when I try to pair them it fails—unless they list of paired devices on headphones is completely empty. The exact error wording is in my first post. Thanks. 

Hello wehokev,

My apologies for missing that. 

I have been testing this here and confirm that pairing with an Apple iPad and a Samsung Series 6 was successful. I understand you have the Samsung Series 8 but I do not have one available for testing. 

Are you able to check for any firmware/software updates on your TV?

Also, which iOS version are you Apple devices running?

Let's say for example you have just one other device connected such as your iPhone, does this make a difference in establishing the connection with your TV?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G